The NIMCET 2017 Common Entrance Test for the MCA course at all NITs across India will be conducted by NIT-Durgapur.
The participating NITs are:
- National Institute of Technology Jirania, Agartala – 40 seats
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad – 93 seats
- Moulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal – 92 seats
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut – 46 seats
- National Institute of Technology, Durgapur – 40 seats
- National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur – 92 seats
- National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra – 60 seats (self-financing – 30)
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur – 92 seats
- National Institute of Technology, Surathkal – 92 seats
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli – 92 seats
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal – 46 seats
This includes the quotas for SC/ST/BC as per govt rules.
Indian Nationals securing at least 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scales (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale in case of SC/ ST) in
- B.Sc / B.Sc (Hons) / BCA / BIT of minimum three years full-time with Mathematics/Statistics/Equivalent subject as one of the subjects from a recognized University.
- B E /B Tech or equivalent from a recognized University
are eligible to appear for NIMCET 20I7.
Mode of Examination:
The NIMCET examination will be for a duration of two and a half hours and consists of 120 multiple choice questions with four choices for each question.
Each correctly answered question carries FOUR marks and each wrongly answered question invites NEGATIVE ONE mark. The candidates have to mark the responses in the OMR sheets supplied at the time of examination.
Last date for receipt of printout of electronically filled application form along with self-attested copy of Marks sheet of Class- 12 and Graduation certificate with payment receipt by speed post/ Registered post – 31 March 2017, 3PM.
Availability of Admit card on NIT, Durgapur website nimcet2017.nitdgp.ac.in for download – 16th May 2017 onwards.
Date and Time of Examination – 28th May 2017 Time: 10 A.M to 12 Noon.
Date of Publication of Result (Tentative) – On of before 6 June 2017.
Further information is available on the website of NIT Durgapur.
The complete brochure can be downloaded at this link.