University Institute Of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh is organizing a video making cum awareness competition, “Light, Camera, Action” to celebrate the Human Rights Day under the guidance of Prof. (Dr.) Raj Kumar (Chief Patron), Vice Chancellor, Panjab University, Chandigarh; Prof. (Dr.) Rajinder Kaur, Director, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh; Dr. Pushpinder Kaur, Associate Professor (Law), University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
About Panjab University
One of the oldest Universities in India, the Panjab University (PU) initiated at Lahore in 1882, has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts, and sports. The glorious traditions of the University established during more than 133 years of its long service to the nation since its inception are a source of inspiration for the present generation of faculty members and students.
Panjab University has been accredited with a CGPA of 3.35 on a four-point scale at A Grade valid for 5 years from 25/06/2015. It ranked 1st among Universities of India and 38th in Asia, Times Higher Education Asian University rankings 2015. It ranked number one University in India and the bracket 276-300 internationally in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2014-2015 powered by Thomson Reuters. It was ranked 39th by the Times Higher Education among BRICS & Emerging Economies.
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short period, it has emerged as one of the premier legal Institutes with a unique blend of tradition and modernity. Students are trained in the essence of the substantive laws, techniques of procedural laws, methods of client counseling, and skills in legal and social sciences research, etc.
The Moot Court Competitions, Client Counseling Sessions, Quiz Contests, Seminars, Group Discussions, and Extension Lectures, etc. are a regular feature of the academic calendar of the Institute. The Institute’s Legal Aid Clinic, which provides free legal services to the economically weaker sections of the society as a part of the community outreach program of the Institute, also offers opportunities to the students to work in co-ordination with practicing lawyers.
About Human Rights Day
Human Rights Day is observed every year on December 10- the day the United Nations General Assembly adopted, in 1948, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR). The UDHR is a milestone document that proclaims the inalienable rights to which everyone is entitled to as a human being regardless of race, color, religion, sex, language, political or other opinions, national or social origin, property, birth, or another status.
This year Human Rights Day theme relates to the COVID-19 pandemic and focuses on the need to build back better by ensuring Human Rights are central to our recovery efforts. Our common global goals can be reached only when we can create equal opportunities for all, address the failures exposed and exploited by the COVID-19 pandemic and apply human rights standards to tackle entrenched, systematic, and intergenerational inequities, exclusion, and discrimination.
About the Competition
University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, through Light, Camera, Action: 1st National Video Making Competition, aims to spread awareness among the masses about the significance of human rights. This competition is also aimed at blending art with what is generally perceived to be a legal conception. This is an excellent opportunity for students to take some out of their routine and try their hand at the art of making videos and it becomes all-the-more fascinating when there is an opportunity to learn as well.
This is the first time UILS is organizing a video-making competition at the national level. The participants should shoot or make their videos that encapsulate the importance of human rights for the betterment of human lives or how human lives have been made better with the universal acceptance of human rights.
- The competition is open to all the students pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s/PG degree or Certificate course from any affiliated University/College/Institute.
- Students may participate in a group consisting of not more than 2 persons.
- No restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
The Basic objective of the competition is to celebrate the Human Rights Day and to sensitize the masses about these inalienable rights.
How to Register?
- Registration is compulsory and free of cost.
- The registrations are required to be done through this link.
- All the participants are required to upload any of their identity documents (Aadhar Card, University ID, etc.) for purpose of verification.
Procedure of Participation
- STEP 1– Upload the video on Google Drive or YouTube.
- STEP 2– Attach the link to the same in the Registration form. (Google Form)
- The time limit for the video is 5-15 minutes.
- The format of the video should be MP4/MPEG/H264/MOV only.
- Adding subtitles is the sole discretion of the participant(s).
- Plagiarism of any sort would result in immediate disqualification.
Criteria of Judgement
- Adherence to the theme and time limit
- Originality of ideas
Prizes and Certificates
- 1st Prize – Cash Prize of INR 1000 and Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate)
- 2nd Prize – Cash prize of INR 500 and Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate)
- Certificate of Participation (E-Certificate) to all participants of the event.
- Release of Registration Form – December 11, 2020 (11:59 PM)
- Last date of Submission – January 15, 2021 (11:59 pm)
- The date of the result will be notified later on via e-mail.
- The result will be uploaded on the official website of UILS, PU, Chandigarh.
- The certificates will be released within one week from the declaration of the results.
Vaibhav Goyal: 9781520216
Tanya Singla: 8699301897
Supriya Aggarwal: 9501641789
Sahil Jain: 9468031236