Entries are invited from eligible candidates for the National Photography Competition by NIUA, Govt. of India.
About the Competition
With the support of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Climate Centre for Cities at NIUA is organizing a “National Photography Competition” as part of pre-event activities leading to the ‘Smart Cities: Smart Urbanisation’ event on 4th and 5th February 2022 at Surat, Gujarat.
They invite participants to submit photographs which are either focusing on the impacts of climate change on Indian cities and actions taken by individuals, communities or city authorities to adapt/ mitigate climate change. To participate in the competition, photographs should be submitted in across two categories:
- Climate Impacts in Cities
- Climate Actions in Cities
- 1st Prize : ₹25,000/- and certificate + all-expense paid trip to the Surat conference for each theme
- Runners-up : ₹15,000/- and Certificate (Two photographs for each theme)
- Special Mention – photographs : ₹5,000/- and Certificate (Five photographs for each theme)
- Award winning pictures and selected nominations will be exhibited at the Climate Pavilion during the ‘Smart Cities: Smart Urbanisation’ event in Surat, Gujarat.
- The photograph should be from Indian Cities only
- The prize money will be transferred to Indian bank accounts only
- Participation is open to individuals only (amateurs and professionals).
- Each entry should be at least 8 X 12 inches at 300 DPI (dots per inches) minimum size.
- The file size of the initial submission should be less than 20 MBs. Participants should be able to share the high resolution version upon selection within a day.
- The number of entries per thematic area is limited to one per person under each category
- All communications should be done only through email
- The entries will be adjudicated by an eminent panel of photographers and industry professionals.
The selection of photographs will focus on the following criteria:
- Content: How relevant and attractive the content is to the theme. How well does the photo tell the external audiences about Climate Change. Does the content show something unique about Climate Impacts or Action taken? How well the participant has been able to identify the subject of the photograph.
- Composition: How well has the photo been composed or framed? Does the composition adequately present the theme/subject or the content?
- Technique: How well does the photo represent the photography technique? Lighting? Post-production?
How to Submit?
- Interested applicants can submit the pictures through this link.
- Send your pictures along with a short caption not exceeding 50 words (in English).
- There should not be any watermarks on the picture.
- The file should be named as follows: PREFIX_YOURNAME_CITYNAME. PREFIX=CI for Climate Impacts in Cities and CA for Climate Actions in Cities. For eg: For a person named Sujit Bose submitting a picture of New Delhi on Climate Actions in Cities will write the file name as CA_SUJITBOSE_NEWDELHI
- All submissions should be submitted through the below-mentioned google form. The form includes options for picture upload and captions.
Jan 26, 2022