Applications are now open for the National Institute of Genetics Research Internship Program 2021 at Japan. The National Institute of Genetics (NIG)/ Department of Genetics, SOKENDAI offers a research internship program for undergraduate and postgraduate students who wish to gain research experience in genetics and related fields in life sciences.
The program includes training on scientific research, scientific communication, and lab visits to discuss with individual principal investigators. At the end of the program, participants will give a presentation on their experience as the “NIGINTERN Reports Symposium”. NIG will issue a certificate to those who have successfully completed the program. Interns can also participate in various activities such as graduate program lectures, journal clubs, and seminars by outstanding researchers from inside and outside of NIG. Japanese language classes are also available.
NIG will cover costs of airfare, local transportation fares between airport in Japan and NIG, lodging in the institute’s guesthouse, and travel insurance during the program. Allowance for meals (ca. 1,500JPY/day, subject to change) will also be provided.
June 17 – July 28 , 2021
- NIG covers expenses for the designated period only. Requests for shorter or longer periods will not be considered.
- For any internship opportunity other than this program, please contact your potential host PI(s). In such cases, costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibility of the interns or their sponsoring institutions.
- There may be some changes due to the Olympic Games held in Japan.
Who can Apply?
- Applicants must be interested in life sciences and be in the prefinal-year at the time of application, i.e. in the 3rd year of a 4-year bachelor program, in the 2nd year of a 3-year bachelor program, in the 4th year of a 5-year program, in the 1st year of a 2-year master program, or in the 5th year of a 6-year program.
- Students who are interested in enrolling in our PhD program at NIG are encouraged to apply.
- Because of a highly competitive selection process, applications from non-prefinal students and prefinal students of a Ph.D. course are not considered.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is January 7, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.
National Institute of Genetics Research Internship Program 2021