To commemorate 150th the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, Govt. of India has planned to conduct several activities throughout the year to uphold his ideals. To promote Gandhiji’s learnings, Department of Science and Technology has instituted National Challenge for designing Augmented Reality (AR)/ Virtual Reality (VR) applications.
The objective of the competition is to design an efficient user friendly augmented reality app using Unity engine, which should address any of the following criteria:
- Gandhian Learnings:
Swachchta hi Seva (Clean India)
Peace & Non-violence
Spin India (Khadi/ Jute)
Removal of Untouchability etc.
- Gandhi Monuments:
Kirti Mandir, Porbandar, Gujarat
Sabarmati Ashram, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Mani Bhavan, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Magan Sangrahalaya, Wardha, Maharashtra etc.
- Highlighting some important life moments of his life
The applicant should be an Indian citizen affiliated to academic institute or R&D organization or Indian company/Industry recognized under Company’s Act/ DSIR recognition.
The Citation and certificate shall be awarded to the finalist.
DST will award cash prizes as per the following:
- First – Rs. 1,00,000
- Second – Rs. 50,000
- Third – Rs. 25,000
- First – Rs. 50,000
- Second- Rs. 25,000 X 2= Rs. 50,000
- Third- Rs. 15,000 X 2= Rs. 30,000
- Consolation Prize- Rs. 5000 X 8= Rs 40,000
- Participant should submit design solutions/products owned by them or to which they have right to claim and use as owned by them. Suitable documents to this effect must be submitted along with the entry.
- Participant shall ensure that any submission made in the Challenge does not violate any of theirs or any third party’s intellectual property rights, confidentiality, trade secret and violate any statutory provisions.
- Last Date for Submission: Nov 20
For any queries, contact
Department of Science & Technology,
Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road,
New Delhi-110 016.