On the occasion of 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, National Film Development Corporation, a unit of Ministry of Information & Broadcasting has initiated to organise a Short Film Competition through www.MyGov.in. A Short Film competition invites young amateur filmmakers (School/College Students) to make Short Films (maximum 3 minute) based on “Be the change which you want to see in the world” to showcase the relevance of the messages even today in the 21st century.
The objective of the competition is to make the youth aware of the simplicity and high ideals of Mahatma Gandhi’s life which eventually became his message to the world.
“Be the change which you want to see in the World”
- The Top 10 successful entries will be awarded by/with Cash Prizes.
- First Prize – Rs. 50,000
Second Prize – Rs. 35,000
Third Prize – Rs. 25,000
All other 7 consolation prizes- 10,000 each
- Certificate and Internship with any regional office of NFDC for 2 weeks with consultation and consent of the winners.
- If the winners are willing, they will be given preference to get empanelled with NFDC provided they fulfill basic requirements of Empanelment Criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- The Short Film is open only for Indian Citizens who are amateur film-makers/ students from High schools/Colleges /University (both Public & Private)
- The duration of the Short Film should be maximum 3 minutes.
- The Short Film can be made in any of the 22 Official Indian Languages with transcript (in verbatim) in Hindi /English.
- The Experts on Gandhian Philosophy and Film Making would form the Panel of Jury and evaluate the competitor’s.
- The last date of Submission will be Dec 31.
For any queries, contact
National Film Development Corporation
4th Floor, Soochna Bhawan,
CGO Complex, Lodhi Road