Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Michael Jacobs Travel Chronicle Scholarship 2022.
About Michael Jacobs Travel Chronicle Scholarship 2022
The scholarship is funded by the Michael Jacobs Foundation for Travel Writing, a non-profit organization created by Michael’s widow and brother to honor his legacy and promote travel writing in Spain and Latin America.
In 2014, after the death of Michael Jacobs, the Gabo Foundation and the Hay Festival Cartagena de Indias, as part of an alliance of more than a decade, took the initiative to organize, as a tribute to the English writer, the Michael Jacobs Chronicle Grant traveler.
- Journalists or writers of any nationality may apply, as long as their work addresses travel journalism in Latin America or Spain in Spanish or English.
- An autobiography of up to 800 words (in Spanish or English) describing your experience as a travel journalist and your motivation for applying for the scholarship. Resumes or conventional curricula will not be taken into account.
- A detailed presentation of the project (article or book) including: project description, work schedule, and planned travel itinerary. The article or book must be written in Spanish or English. The project does not necessarily have to be finished, since the grant seeks to strengthen an ongoing project, but they must send at least a fragment of the work, since the jury must evaluate the author’s narrative capacity.
- A text published by the author in a printed or digital medium. The candidate must have at least one article or book published at the time of submitting the application.
- The sum of 7,500 dollars as an incentive to finance the research and writing of your article or book. The amount includes the taxes to be paid by the beneficiary and the convening institutions. The scholarship will be awarded as follows: one-third ($ 2,500) when the winner is announced and two-thirds ($ 5,000) when the project is completed and delivered to the publisher for publication.
- The winner will be invited to participate as a jury in the next edition of the Michael Jacobs Scholarship for traveling chronicle.
- If the winner wishes, they will receive a courtesy from the Manolo el Sereno Association (MAELSE) in collaboration with the Inquietarte Foundation, both located in Frailes, with accommodation and stay in the town for a month, although it should be noted that the flights, food and personal expenses are not included.
Note: This benefit depends on the prevention measures imposed by the health authorities of each country against the pandemic derived from the coronavirus.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
Jan 7, 2022
Click here to view the official notification for the Michael Jacobs Travel Chronicle Scholarship 2022.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in:
13 International Fully Funded Fellowships & Scholarships 2021-22: Apply Today!