Indian Institute of Mass Communication, established in 1965 by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, is a premier Institute of mass communication education, research and training. It has its main campus in New Delhi and Regional Campuses in Aizawl (Mizoram), Amravati (Maharashtra), Dhenkanal (Odisha), Jammu (Jammu & Kashmir) and Kottayam (Kerala).
IIMC invites applications for faculty positions in Mass Communication at various levels with broad specialization in Journalism Studies, Broadcast Journalism, Oral & Visual Communication, Political Communication, New Media, ICT, Data Journalism, Integrated Marketing Communication, Media Laws & Regulations, Health Communication, Science Communication, Communication Research, Training Pedagogy, Publications/Graphics/Design etc
- Professor: 6 Posts (1 SC, 5 UR)
- Associate Professor: 6 Posts (1 SC, 5 UR)
- Assistant Professor: 2 Posts (UR)
- An eminent scholar having a Ph.D. degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 research publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total Research score of 120 as per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table 2 of UGC Regulations 2018.
- A minimum of 10 years of teaching experience in University/College as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor, and/ or research experience at the equivalent level at the University /National Level Institutions with evidence of having successfully guided the doctoral candidate.
- OR An outstanding professional, having a PhD degree in the relevant/allied/applied disciplines, from any academic institution (not included in A above)/industry, who has made significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/ allied/relevant discipline, supported by documentary evidence provided he/she has ten years’ experience.
- A good academic record, with a Ph.D. degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines.
- A Master’s degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed).
- A minimum of EIGHT years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of 7 publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total Research score of 75 as per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table 2 of UGC Regulations 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible applicants can go to this page for the application form on or before the last date i.e 16 August 2019.
- Professors: Level 14 of the Pay Matrix Rs. 1,44,200-2,18,200
- Associate Professor: Level 13A of the Pay Matrix Rs. 1,31,400-2,17,100.
- Assistant Professor: Level 10 of the Pay Matrix Rs. 57,700-1,82,400.