Junior Research Fellow (JRF) or Project Positions jobs in India for the month of January 2022 are very much trending. From IIT to IIM, NIT to IISER, each and every prestigious institute in India has numerous openings for the JRF/ SRF/RA positions under the various funded project for the year 2022.
Also, the fellowship amount awarded to the selected candidates is equal to the salary amount of some. Mostly, the JRF posts are for Engineering and Science students, although there are openings for management and Social Science students as well.
JRF in DST-SERB Funded Project at MANIT Bhopal: Apply by Jan 24
Applications are invited from eligible Indian nationals, giving full details of educational qualifications and experience, for the post of a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in research project entitled “Determing the Role of Glutamate Decarboxylase in Mycobacterial Drug Tolerance and Adaptation Survival within Host Cells” funded by DST-SERB, India under the guidance of Dr. Shivendra K Chaurasiya (Principal Investigator), Department of Biological Science & Engineering, MANIT, Bhopal – 462003.
- Eligibility: Essential Qualification: M. Tech./M.Sc./M. Pharm in Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Molecular biology/ Microbiology/Life Sciences with minimum 60% or equivalent. Desirable Qualification: NET/GATE qualified.
- Application: Hard copies of application in the prescribed format along with all enclosures should reach PI by 24-01-2022. Envelope should clearly mention (Application for JRF in DST-SERB project). Applications lacking certificates in support of claims made by candidate will be rejected. Applications by email will not be entertained and will be treated as rejected.
- Salary: Rs. 31000/- per month + HRA as (As per applicable DST-SERB, India norms/ Institute norms).
- Duration: The post is purely temporary, co-terminus with project. It may be extended only in case project duration is extended by authority and recommended by PI for the same. After completion of 02 years as JRF, incumbent may be promoted to SRF for the rest of tenure after following due process.
Click here to view the official notification of JRF in DST-SERB Funded Project at MANIT Bhopal.
JRF Under SERB Funded Project at IIT Hyderabad: Apply by Jan 20
Applications are invited from bright, young candidates for a temporary position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in the project entitled “Syntheses of New Layered 3d-Transition MetalBased Chalcogenides for Superconducting and Magnetic Applications” sponsored by SERBDepartment of Science and Technology.
- Eligibility: M. Sc. (Chemistry) with 60% marks with a valid GATE score or NET (LS).
- Duration of the Project: 24 Months.
- Application: Eligible candidates may send their bio-data to Dr. Jai Prakash, Department of Chemistry, IIT Hyderabad, by post or email (jaiprakash[at]chy.iith.ac.in) on or before 20th January 2022.
- Salary: Rs. 31000 + 24 % HRA p.m.
Click here to view the official notification of JRF Under SERB Funded Project at IIT Hyderabad.
JRF Under ISRO Funded Project at NIT Trichy [2 Positions]: Apply by Jan 21
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) for the ISRO-RESPOND project titled “Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence (ML/AI) Hardware/Software Framework for Vyomnoids” in the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli.
- Eligibility: B.E/B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering and M.E/M.Tech in Embedded System/VLSI/ Signal Processing/Image Processing/Micro Electronics/ any other specialization in ECE with a minimum of 60% (or above) aggregate marks (CGPA ≥ 6.5/10) in UG and PG. A valid GATE / equivalent national level test score is a desirable requirement.
- Duration: 36 Months (extension based on performance review every 12 months).
- Application: Eligible candidates may send the scanned copy of their duly filled applications (only in the prescribed format given below) along with the relevant supporting documents by email to: jrfmicainitt[at]gmail.com with the subject marked as “JRF Application-ISRO RESPOND PROJECT”.
- Salary: Rs. 31000+16% HRA for the first 2 years and Rs. 35000+16% HRA for third year.
Click here to view the official notification of JRF Under ISRO Funded Project at NIT Trichy.
JRF (Life Sciences) Under DBT Funded Project at IIT Kanpur [2 Positions]: Apply by Jan 15
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for two temporary positions of JRF (Junior Research Fellow) in a DBT/WT sponsored project at the Department of Biological Sciences and Bioengineering, IIT Kanpur.
- Eligibility: M.Sc. in Life Sciences. Desirable Qualification: CSIR-NET/GATE/DBT-JRF
- Application: Interested candidates should send their brief CV by email to the following email address: gpcrbiology2020[at]gmail.com.
- Duration: The position is purely temporary, initially for one year, and it can be extended further based on performance till the duration of the project.
- Salary: INR 31000/- per month.
Click here to view the official notification of JRF (Life Sciences) Under DBT Funded Project at IIT Kanpur.
JRF Under DRDO Funded Project at JNU, New Delhi: Apply by Jan 20
Applications are invited for the post of Junior Research Fellow in a Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)-CARS funded project entitled “Synthetic video generation for ultra wide FOV sensor system and identifying targets in the generated sequence,” under the supervision of Dr. Prerana Mukherjee, School of Engineering, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Eligibility: The applicant must have M.Tech/M.E. in Computer Science and Engineering/ Computer Science and Technology/ Computer Science/Information Technology/Electronics and Communication Engineering or MCA or B. Tech in Computer Science and Engineering/ Computer Science and Technology/ Computer Science with NET/GATE qualification. They are expected to have strong programming skills.
- Application: Interested candidates may apply by filling Online Google Form and upload their complete application in the given format along with a cover letter and self-attested copies of the certificates (proof of age, certificates, degrees, marks sheets) and proof of research experience (if any) in a single PDF file on the Google form link. The applications and supporting documents should also be submitted via e-mail at prerana[at]jnu.ac.in latest by January 20, 2022. The e-mail subject line should read as “Application for the Post of JRF in DRDO-CARS Project”.
- Duration: The selected candidate will be appointed on a purely temporary basis initially for one year and renewable each year subject to satisfactory performance for a maximum period of duration of the project (first two years as JRF and promoted to SRF in the third year based on satisfactory performance).
- Salary: As per DRDO norms, fellowship is ₹31,000/- p.m. plus HRA as permissible.
Click here to view the official notification of JRF Under DRDO Funded Project at JNU.
Junior Research Fellowship- Research at IIT Kharagpur: Apply by Jan 20
Applications are invited for Junior Research Fellowship– Research at IIT Kharagpur for the year 2022. The last date of application is 20 January.
- Project title: Side Channel Attack Counter Measures for Security Hardware Extension for Automotive (HEX).
- Eligibility: The candidates academic background should be excellent with minimum marks obtained more than 75% in Class 12 and UG qualifying examinations. Essential Qualification: JRF- B. Tech with GATE/NET qualification OR M.Tech in the area of CS/Electrical/Electronics/Instrumentation.
- Application: Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
- Salary: Upto Rs. Upto Rs. 31000 (depending upon qualification & experience).
Click here to view the official notification of Junior Research Fellowship- Research at IIT Kharagpur.
JRF (Chemistry) Under SERB Funded Project at IISER Kolkata: Apply by Jan 10
A position for a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) is available in the research group of Dr. Ratheesh K. Vijayaraghavan, Associate Professor, Department of Chemical Sciences, IISER Kolkata.
The project is aimed to develop organic semiconductors and to probe the electrical transport behaviour of metal-semiconductor-metal sandwich devices. Synthesis (25%), photophysical properties (25%) and fabrication and electrical characterisation of semiconductor devices (50%) is the nature of the proposed research.
- Title of project: Investigation on the role of bulk trap states on the resistive state switching in organic semiconductor devices.
- Essential Eligibility Criteria: M.Sc. in Chemistry/Masters in Material Science or equivalent degree with minimum 60% marks or CGPA of 7.5 or above.
- Desirable additional experience and qualifications: Qualified CSIR-UGC NET (including LS) or GATE examination. Preference will be given to candidates with a prior research experience in organic synthesis / spectroscopy / nanodevice fabrication and electrical characterisation / computational modelling.
- Application: A detailed CV along with the scanned copies of the qualification documents (as per the list given below) and list of referees must be emailed to ratheesh[at]iiserkol.ac.in latest by 10th January 2022. List of qualification documents: Graduation mark sheet, Post-graduation mark sheet, GATE/NET qualification certificate and Brief write up on the previous research experience (if any).
- Salary: Rs. 31,000/- per month + HRA (24%).
For more JRF positions for January 2022 at various India institutes, keep visiting Noticebard.com.
You may also be interested in: