Applications are invited for Junior Associate / Associate- Library at IIM Amritsar for the year 2022. The last date of application is 21 July.
lndian Institute of Management Amritsar invites online applications from the eligible candidates for the following position on a Contract basis.
- Post Graduate in Library Science or related discipline with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Preferably one-year experience in relevant field.
- Excellent verbal and written communicatlon skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to remain professional and courteous while interacting with library patrons
- To assist the LIO in offering library services to faculty and the students.
- To assist in acquiring, organizing, managing and distributing library resources and ensuring that library provisions meet the needs of all its users.
- ln addition, upkeep of Library records and equipment, liaising with departmental academic staff, to assist in planningand implementing the administrative and budgetary functions of library and information
- services, external organizations and book suppliers.
- Assists with daily tasks of the library such as issuing new library cards, checking out library materials, receiving returns, collecting late charges, and determining outstanding materials.
- Returns, or oversees and trains volunteers to return, books and materials to stacks.
- Locates books or other reference materials to assist patrons; refers requests requiring professional assistance to reference librarian.
- Explains computer systems, card files, and other reference sources and how to use such systems to patrons.
- Prepares purchase requests, orders supply, and, upon delivery, processes and distributes supplies and materials throughout the library.
- Assist to LIO for the implementation of the latest tools and techniques.
- Preparation and updating of section manual (library procedures, rules and regulations, process and services of their section).
- Completes routlne descrlptive cataloguing.
- Examines books for damage; repairs or facilitates repairs when needed.
- Assists in preparing exhibits, seasonal displays, and bulletin boards throughout the library.
- ln addition, any other relevant work may be assigned by the Competent Authority
- Candidates are required to apply through online mode only at the official website of llM Amritsar. The last date for submission of online applications is 21 July 2022 (1730hrs)through payment gateway.
- All Candidates are required to pay a non-refundable application processing fee of Rs.500 (Rupees Five-Hundred Only).
Click here to view the official notification of Junior Associate / Associate- Library at IIM Amritsar.
You may also be interested in: