Applications are invited for JRF (Chemistry) Under SERB Funded Project at IISER Kolkata for the year 2022. The last date of application is 10 January.
A position for a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) is available in the research group of Dr. Ratheesh K. Vijayaraghavan, Associate Professor, Department of Chemical Sciences, IISER Kolkata.
The project is aimed to develop organic semiconductors and to probe the electrical transport behaviour of metal-semiconductor-metal sandwich devices. Synthesis (25%), photophysical properties (25%) and fabrication and electrical characterisation of semiconductor devices (50%) is the nature of the proposed research.
- Title of project: Investigation on the role of bulk trap states on the resistive state switching in organic semiconductor devices.
- Funding agency: SERB
- Principle Investigator: Dr. Ratheesh K. Vijayaraghavan, Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences
- Tenure: Initially for a period of 1 year, extendable up to 3 years depending on the satisfactory performance of the incumbent.
- Essential Eligibility Criteria: M.Sc. in Chemistry/Masters in Material Science or equivalent degree with minimum 60% marks or CGPA of 7.5 or above.
- Desirable additional experience and qualifications: Qualified CSIR-UGC NET (including LS) or GATE examination. Preference will be given to candidates with a prior research experience in organic synthesis / spectroscopy / nanodevice fabrication and electrical characterisation / computational modelling.
- Age limit: 26 years as of 13 January 2022, which can be relaxed for specific reserved categories as per the rules of the Government of India. Relaxation in age, educational qualification or experience may be considered in the case of exceptionally deserving candidates.
A detailed CV along with the scanned copies of the qualification documents (as per the list given below) and list of referees must be emailed to ratheesh[at]iiserkol.ac.in latest by 10th January 2022. List of qualification documents:
- Graduation mark sheet
- Post-graduation mark sheet
- GATE/NET qualification certificate
- Brief write up on the previous research experience (if any)
Rs. 31,000/- per month + HRA (24%).
- Deadline of application: 10 January 2022
- Date of Online interview: 13 January 2022 at 10.00 AM
Dr. Ratheesh K. Vijayaraghavan
Click here to view the official notification of JRF (Chemistry) Under SERB Funded Project at IISER Kolkata.
You may also be interested in: