Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Johnson & Johnson/One Young World Scholarship Program 2022.
About the Scholarship
Johnson & Johnson is collaborating with One Young World to offer scholarships to 12 aspiring young health leaders across the globe to participate in the 2022 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program.
- Digital participation in the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo from 16 – 19 May.
- Participation in the 2022 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program.
- Participate in a six month accelerated learning and development program including global kick off and debrief calls, virtual learning sessions and global hackathons (working and learning with other NGOs and/or social enterprises to create practical, feasible and innovative solutions in the field of ie climate change, public health, etc.).
- Individual coaching with senior Johnson & Johnson leaders.
- Buddy Team support: Teams of 2022 Johnson & Johnson OYW delegates, called buddy teams, supporting scholars pre, during and post Summit in furthering their aspiration and creating innovative solutions based on pre-defined needs.
Selection & Eligibility Criteria
- Aged 18 – 30*
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this program.
- Young leaders from non-governmental organisations, social enterprises, community-based organisations or individual leaders/entrepreneurs who are making a positive impact within their local community through the delivery of care to vulnerable people, their families and communities. This may include activities undertaken by nurses, midwives, community health workers, formal/informal (family) caregivers and healthcare professionals trainees (both clinical and non-clinical)
- Health Care Professionals who are classified as Government Officials within their home country will need approval from their employer.
- Important: Selected scholars must be available to commit 10% of their time to the program, over the 6-month program period (May 2022 – October 2022).
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change.
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues.
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative idea Interest and engagement in sharing and learning from others.
- Skills: enthusiastic, pro-active, creative, eager to improve, not afraid to change the status quo, team player, good communicator and project management.
*Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
- Submit an online application via the link before 4 January 2022.
- A shortlist of candidates will be contacted in January 2022 and invited to submit a video personal statement and letter of reference.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in a video interview with One Young World in January 2022.
- All candidates will be informed of the final outcome of their application in February 2022.
The selection process is conducted by One Young World, Johnson & Johnson has not been involved in the selection of candidates for this scholarship.
Jan 4, 2022
Click here to view the official notification for the Johnson & Johnson/One Young World Scholarship Program 2022.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: