Ministry of Labour and Employment, Govt. of India is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the post of Young Professionals.
About the Ministry of Labour and Employment
The Ministry of Labour and Employment, Govt. of India, under the Mission Mode Project
implemented the National Career Service (NCS) Project for revamping public employment
About the Position
Young Professional Scheme was launched by Directorate General for Employment (DGE) with an aim to utilize the knowledge, energy, and fresh way of thinking of these young social leaders to help better transform the emerging landscape of Employment Services and Career Counselling in India.
As per the scheme one YP at each MCC and 6 at NICS Noida, 4 at DGE shall be deployed.
No. of Vacancies
Education Qualification & Experience
- The candidate should either have a Bachelor’s degree (B.A/B.E/ B.Tech /B.Ed) with at least 4 years of experience and/or a Master’s Degree (MBA/ Masters in Economics/ Psychology/ Sociology/ Operations Research/ Statistics/ Social Work/ Management/ Finance/ Commerce/ Computer Applications etc.) with at least 2 years of experience.
- All the above-stated degrees need to be UGC, AICTE etc. recognized.
- Candidate must have obtained minimum of 50% marks in 10th, 12th and Graduation
- Apart from proficiency in English language (mandatory), the candidate should be proficient in at least 1 other languages Hindi/any Regional language (Reading, writing and speaking proficiency).
- The Candidate should be willing to relocate within the country.
- Candidates with experience in the areas of HR, Management, Analytics, and Psychology etc. shall be preferred.
- The candidate should be between the age of 24 to 40 years
- Candidate should have strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills (Basic knowledge of MS Office)
- Candidates should have an ability to take initiative to make things happen
- Should be skilful / tactful to work and navigate their way through a challenging environment of the Government system
- Passion for helping others would be an advantage
- Ability to inspire confidence in the job seekers
- Ability to respond effectively to the needs of both, the employers and the job seekers.
- Should be able to Work under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods
The candidate should be between the age of 24 to 40 years as on last date of submission of application.
Period of Contract
Period of engagement initially for a period of two years (Can be extended up to 5 years)
50,000/- (Inclusive of Taxes)
The Young Professionals’ scope of work shall include, but not be limited to:
- Facilitating smooth and efficient working of Model Career Centres
- Promotion of National Career Services portal for multiple stakeholders
- Facilitating the transition of employment exchanges into career centres by actively engaging in capacity building, branding and training on National Career Services project
- Supporting State Governments and institutions in replicating this model in other centres
- Preparing regular reports on performance indicators, to be shared with DGE
- Identifying best practices and pain areas/bottlenecks in implementing DGE schemes and in the collaboration with National Career Services project
- Coordinating outreach activities in schools/colleges and conducting job-fairs including interaction with academia, local industry, manufacturing associations, training providers, counsellors and others
- Plan, organize, develop and implement career events and publications to publicize Career Centre services, resources and speaker programs
- Maintain lists and bulletins concerning jobs and mapping the required skills with the resource pool; provide information concerning the industry job trends across the country and assistance in the enhancement of the skills in a candidate
- Conducting research and market analysis to create intelligence for better performance of Model Career Centres
- Regular interaction with DGE for Model Career Centre monitoring
- Prepare a wide variety of manual and electronic reports and materials (e.g. program mandated, brochures, mailers, etc.) for the purpose of communicating with staff, students and other stakeholders, and complying with program requirements.
- Working under supervision of MCC nodal officer using standardized practices and/or methods; directing other persons within a small work unit and operating within a defined budget
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit at the Model Career Centres.
Place of Postings
Selected candidates may be posted anywhere within the country. (NICS, DGE will take into account the location preference indicated by the candidate, however, the final decision regarding location allocation will lie with NICS, DGE.)
How to Apply?
- Eligible candidates may apply online on the link available here.
- Mandatory to fill out the Google form link provided here.
- Create a jobseeker account in NCS Portal and complete your profile up to 100%
- Candidate must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in 10th, 12th, and Graduation otherwise treated disqualified.
June 25, 2022