The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the post of Young Professionals for multiple locations.
Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), a statutory body under the administrative control of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Govt. of India is the National Standards Body of India and is responsible for activities in the field of Standardization, Product and System Certification, Hallmarking, Laboratory Testing etc., in the country.
About the Job
BIS offers excellent opportunities to Indian nationals with proven academic credentials, professional achievements, good working knowledge of technology based skills on the computer, strong communication and interpersonal skills and leadership qualities for engaging with BIS as Young Professionals (YPs).
1. Standardization Department
- No. of posts: 4
- Educational Qualifications: B.Tech/B.E. or Master’s Degree in Metallurgical Engineering
- Desirable: Higher qualifications /Research Experience/ Published Papers and post qualification experience
- Work Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of work experience relevant to the job description.
2. Research Analysis
- No. of posts: 20
- Educational Qualifications: Graduation in any discipline
- Desirable: Higher qualifications /Research Experience/ Published Papers and post-qualification experience
3. Management System Certification Department(MSCD)
- No. of posts: 22
- Educational Qualifications: Graduation in any discipline/Diploma in Engineering
- Desirable: Higher qualifications/ Knowledge of Management System Certification Activity.
- Work Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in Management System Auditing/ Training/ Consultancy.
Below 35 years of age as on 1.6.2022
A consolidated monthly remuneration of Rs.70,000/- (Rupees Seventy Thousand only), fixed for two years, will be paid to the Young Professional. The remuneration is subject to statutory deductions.
- Job Location: Young Professionals shall be posted anywhere in India depending upon the requirement.
- Selection Process: All the applications received shall be scrutinized and shortlisted. Candidates will be shortlisted in the light of their qualifications, experience and other detailed provided in the application form. Mere fulfillment of qualification or shortlisting shall not confer any right to be engaged as Young Professionals. Shortlisted candidates will be called for practical assessment, written assessment, technical knowledge assessment, interview, etc. BIS reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reason thereof.
- Tenure of Engagement: The engagement is purely on contract for a period of Two years.
- Nature of Engagement: The engagement is purely on contract basis and the engagement will be subject to termination at the end of contract period.
- TA/DA: No TA/DA shall be admissible for joining the assignment or on its completion. If required to travel and stay in connection with the official assignment, TA/DA and lodging allowance as admissible to a regular BIS officer of the Level of Sc-B/Assistant Director, will be paid.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
- Application fees: No fees are required to be paid by the applicant.
July 15, 2022
Click here to view the official notification for the post of Young Professionals at the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS).