Thomson Reuters is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the post of Sr. Data Engineer at its Hyderabad location.
About Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters Corporation is a Canadian multinational media conglomerate. The company was founded in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, where it is headquartered at the Bay Adelaide Centre.
About the Job
Data engineers are versatile and work with data in a number of different ways.
As a core activity they source, prepare and move large volumes of data at scale for use by others. The data engineer will engage with stakeholders to understand the data requirements. The data engineer will identify sources and destination of data and identify the appropriate data transformations required.
They will ensure that the appropriate systems of record are being used for source data. In this regard, it is expected that they will be knowledgeable of specific data domains. They will pick the appropriate data movement mechanism. They will build the ETLs and/or data pipelines.
They automate this process and ensure the appropriate backups and high availability mechanisms exist. They will ensure the appropriate alerting mechanisms exist in the event of failure.
It is expected that data engineers will be able to tune the performance of the data movement mechanism so that it meets business operational needs.
They may design target data models, if none exist at the destination. Because of this it is expected that our data engineers have experience with data models like relational schema design and start schema.
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical data requirements
- Experience with data in a particular domain (ex. Sales, Marketing, Finance, Customer Support etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of an ETL, data pipeline tool (FiveTran preferred)
- 2 years of experience with Snowflake
- Knowledge of SPARK/EMR
- Expert knowledge of SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with data modeling (using relational models and Star Schema)
- Experience with Data preparation, transformation and processing techniques at scale
- Tuning and automation of data pipelines handling large volumes of data
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services and tools (GLUE, Lambda etc.)
- Expert knowledge of Python
- Visualization tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
- 2 years experience with Machine Learning Operations in the AWS environment
- Experience tuning SQL queries
Required Education, Business and Technical Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable institution (BS. Computer Science preferred)
- Consulting Experience with a premier consulting firm
- Knowledge of Machine Learning
- General aptitude for Software development
- Previous experience as a Database administrator
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.