UN Women’s India Country Office (ICO) is looking for professionals for the job role of Project Associate for advancing gender budgeting.
About the UN Women’s Project
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men and the third gender as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women’s India Country Office (ICO), based in New Delhi, India, is currently implementing a project with the objective of identifying strategies and operational approaches to strengthen on-going efforts in the area of GRB (Gender Responsive Budgeting).
Insights generated from this project will enable key stakeholders at the national and regional level to accelerate their efforts to ensure that women’s priorities are adequately reflected in national budgeting processes and to make concrete changes for adequate resource allocation towards women’s priorities.
Taking this forward proposes to provide the requisite technical assistance and operational support on GRB at the National level and to the four state governments of Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, and Manipur.
The technical assistance will be for strengthening GRB initiatives over the next two years through establishing relevant gender-responsive policy tools for the larger impact of having inclusive and gender-sensitive projects and schemes of the government at the national and state level. Leveraging on the institutional capacity, past work and established networks and partnerships, UN Women through this project will create an enabling environment by building capacities of key stakeholders to address gender issues and be instrumental in making the planning and budgeting process in the Government gender-responsive.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of project work plans, budgets, and proposals on project implementation arrangements
- Provide technical guidance to the Project team and executing agencies on routine delivery and reporting of project supported activities and finances
- Prepare information for the audit of the project and support implementation of audit recommendations;
Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers
- Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Project
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project
- Provide support in monitoring budget preparation and the finances of projects/projects; including the finalization of FACE forms/Financial reporting forms
- Review financial reports; prepare non-PO vouchers for development project
- Process payment for consultants
- Maintain internal expenditures control system
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas
- Assist in the preparation and follow up of cost-recovery bills in Atlas
For complete details on the job description, click here.
Who is it for?
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences/Economics/Social Work /Gender Studies/Public Administration/Policy or related fields.
- Minimum 6 years of experience as an Analyst and Monitoring expert in the domain at the national/state level working with development projects including hands-on experience of design, implementation, and monitoring/evaluation of projects preferably on Gender Responsive Governance, Gender Equality, and Women Empowerment.
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Hindi is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How to Apply?
- All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from here.
- Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment;
- UN Women will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest.
In case of technical difficulties and assistance, write to erecruit.helpdesk[at]undp.org
Click here to apply for the role at UN Women.