Applications are invited for Teaching Assistant in Marketing Area at IIM Udaipur for the year 2022. Online applications are open on the official website.
Applications are invited for the role of a Teaching Assistant in the Marketing Area. While the primary role is that of a teaching assistant, you will also be expected to help the area faculty with their research work, and in the process, you will be able to build your own research profile.
IIMB is looking for a hardworking, sincere, and self-motivated individual who is interested in an academic career. Prior teaching-related experience and knowledge of quantitative and/or qualitative research methodologies will be an added advantage.
MBA degree with a specialization in Marketing from any of the top B-schools in the country is preferred. Highly motivated candidates with a master’s degree from other disciplines may also apply if they have sufficient domain knowledge of Marketing and are interested to make a career in research/academics.
- Motivation to pursue a PhD and/or an academic career.
- An open mind to learn new concepts and skills.
- Strong domain knowledge of Marketing.
- High standards of work quality – specifically, we want the TA to exhibit: (1) attention to detail, (2) ability to multitask, and (3) absolute commitment to task completion.
- MBA from a top B-school is a plus.
- Knowledge of Economics/Sociology/Anthropology/Psychology/Statistics is a plus.
- Prior academic experience (related to teaching and/or research) is a plus.
- Experience with any learning management system/software is a plus.
This is a position in an academic setting. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting faculty in activities related to course design and delivery in any of the institute’s programs (you may be asked to help in preparing/revising course outline, reading list, class handouts, simulations, presentation slides, etc.)
- Correction/grading of mid-term and end-term exams, quizzes, projects, assignments as instructed by the teaching faculty.
- Participation in all briefings, discussions, and training organized by the instructor(s), academic offices, program chairpersons/deans, and/or the area.
- Setting up necessary teaching aids as instructed and tracking progress in class projects, assignments, etc.
- Providing tutorial support, including conducting remedial classes, to students as instructed by the teaching faculty.
- Assisting faculty in their research, case writing, teaching note/exercise development, and paper writing.
- Learning the required tools, techniques, and software applications to do high-quality research work and using the same as required by the faculty.
- Initiating research and case writing projects under the guidance of the area faculty.
- Coordinating with Research & Development Office, Case Centre, etc. on matters related to dissemination of research output, registration of cases, teaching notes, etc.
- Other necessary work related to teaching and research.
Interested candidates may apply online. The position will remain open and applications will be accepted till a suitable candidate is found. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The latest version of your CV; it should include all relevant details about you and your background – academic qualification/s, prior work experience, etc.
- A statement of purpose (SOP), not exceeding 1 single-spaced page, on your motivation for taking up the TA position.
Please cover the following points in your statement of purpose-
- Why are you motivated to take up the TA role?
- What are your long-term and short-term career plans?
- How does the TA role fit into your career plans?
- Why do you think you will be a good fit for this role?
Please note that the SOP is not a cover letter. Please do not upload your CV again.
Click here to view the official notification of Teaching Assistant in Marketing Area at IIM Udaipur.
You may also be interested in: