Prasar Bharati, DD News, Delhi invites applications from experienced and dynamic persons for the engagement of Multi-Media Journalists.
Prasar Bharati, is India’s public broadcaster, headquartered in New Delhi. It is a statutory autonomous body set up by an Act of Parliament and comprises the Doordarshan Television Network and All India Radio, which were earlier media units of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
No. of Posts (Location-wise)
- Chennai: 3
- Madurai: 1
- Trichy: 1
- Coimbatore: 1
- Salem: 1
- Tirunelveli: 1
Duration of the Engagement
- Degree from a recognized university/institute
- Degree/PG Diploma in Journalism from a recognized university/institute
- Correct Pronunciation and excellent modulation
- Knowledge of current affairs/regional/national/foreign affairs
- Ability to interview people who matter in news
- Proficiency in Tamil and English
- Upper age limit 35 years
- At least three years experience in relevant field
- Proficiency in Hindi Language
- Experience as Video journalist
- Experience of MoJo
- Proficiency in other South Indian Languages
Rs 30,000/- (consolidated) per month
Terms and Conditions
- Services will be purely on contractual basis. The persons engaged shall have no claim either implicit or explicit, for his/her absorption/regularization in Prasar Bharati.
- The person will be engaged on full time basis and will not be allowed to take up any other assignment during the period of engagement.
- Persons engaged on contract basis can be assigned additional tasks apart from the specific tasks for which they are engaged by both AIR and DD News Chennai.
- Period of engagement shall initially be for two years with an annual appraisal which may be extendable based on the requirement of the organization or performance review.
- The engagement can be discontinued / terminated with one month notice or one month contractual fees in lieu thereof by either side without assigning any reason.
- No claim of pensionary benefit on account of this contractual engagement shall be admissible.
- Prasar Bharati reserves the right to conduct test /interview of the shortlisted candidates. No TA/DA shall be paid for attending the test/interview.
How to Attend?
Those candidates who are eligible and willing to work on the above terms and conditions in Prasar Bharati, having requisite qualification and experience, indicated above, may come for the Walk-in Interview (with Application No.) to be held at DD News, Doordarshan Kendra, 5 Sivananda Salai, Chennai – 600005 along with the filled-in application form and original documents in support of their qualification and experience.
- Date and Time of Walk in Interview: Jan 28, 2022 at 10:00 AM
Note: Pre-registration to be done on https://applications.prasarbharati.org up to 10 am on 28.01.2022. Registrations after the indicated date and time will not be accepted.
Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria and have all the necessary documents will be shortlisted for the interview and skill test at Doordarshan Kendra Chennai.