An online interview will be conducted on 03 November 2020 for the recruitment of two (02) Project linked persons (one for each project) purely on a temporary basis to work in the following projects titled 1. “Understanding electrical signals in Alternanthera philoxeroides – physiological and ecological aspects” and 2. *strategies for improvement of livelihood security of the farming community in the India Sundarbans under present scenario or climate change” at the Agricultural & Ecological Research Unit of the Institute, Kolkata.
Indian Statistical Institute is a public research university that is recognized as an institute of national importance in the 1959 act of the Indian parliament. It grew out of the Statistical Laboratory set up by Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis in Presidency College, Kolkata.
- For Project 1: Postgraduate degree in Physiology/ Environmental Science/ Biophysics from a recognized University/ Institute, with a good academic record. Some experience in handling plant material, conducting electrophysiology experiments, and collection of field data.
- For Project 2: M.Sc. (Ag.) in Agronomy/ M.Sc. (Ag.) in Agricultural Chemistry and Soil Science from a recognized University/ Institute with a good academic record.
Age Limit: Should not exceed 35 years as of 01 October 2020. Usual relaxation for SC/ ST/ OBC/ Women/ differently-abled and extraordinary candidates.
Rs. 25,000/- (Rupees twenty five thousand only) to Rs. 30,000/- (Rupees thirty thousand only) per month (Consolidated pay with no other allowances) depending upon qualifications and previous work experience.
The duration of the appointment is initially till 31 March 2021 from the date of his/ her (for all Projects) joining the institute which may be extended later/ terminated earlier based on performance and availability of the required fund.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online for the above posts by clicking here.
- At the time of joining, selected candidate(s) have to produce all relevant documents/ testimonials in original for verification and a medical certificate of fitness from the Medical officer of the Institute. Failing this, the institute will offer the position to the next candidate in the merit list prepared for this purpose.
- The last date to apply is October 22, 2020.
- CVs with incomplete information or without supporting documents will be summarily rejected.
- Shortlisting of candidates for interview will be done based on one’s academic credentials along with essential and desirable criteria.
- Candidates need to complete essential qualification criteria before 22 October 2020 and the final marks sheet/ certificate should be uploaded during the application.
For full notification, click the link below.
ISI Kolkata Project Linked Persons Recruitment Notification
You might also be interested in JRF & JPF Under DST-SERB & NCERT Funded Project at IIITDM Jabalpur: Apply by Oct 20 & 21.
Project Positions at IISER Berhampur [2 Vacancies]: Apply by Oct 17.