Applications are invited for Internship Programme at Nandankanan Biological Park, Odisha for the year 2022. Applications are open throughout the year.
About the Internship Programme
Internship programme at Nandankanan Biological Park, Odisha initiated to provide a learning opportunity for graduate/ post-graduate students of recognized college/university of India and Abroad.
The interns will be actively involved in the field of zoo management and learn new skills of ex-s and in-situ conservation techniques at Nandankanan. It also provides a platform to start basic research and carryout project/dissertation in their course curriculum to help in career developme and higher studies.
Students pursuing Graduation (Bachelors) or Post graduation (Master’s degree) course from any recognized Institutions/Universities of India and Abroad. The students who have completed Graduate degree from any recognized institution/ university also are eligible for applying.
Suggested Topic for Internship
- Behavioural study of zoo animals.
- Economic valuation of Ecosystem Services of Nandankanan Zoological Park.
- Visitor survey and evaluation of change in conservation attitude through zoo awareness programmes.
- Water quality parameter of wetlands of Nandankanan.
- Non-invasive assessment of Biodiversity (Floral and Faunal) inside Nandankanan Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Non-invasive sampling of Ecto-endo parasite and their surveillance.
- Non-invasive behavioural enrichment of zoo animals.
- Study on green good deeds.
- Study on solid and liquid waste management. 10.Any other relevant to Nandankanan
Duration of internship
- Nandankanan internships positions opens throughout the year.
- Internship programme is for a period of minimum 30 days to a maximum of 3 months.
- Candidate can apply for one of the four sessions: Summer (April-June), Fall (July September), Spring (October-December), Winter (January-March)
- For work beyond 3 months one has to apply again for extension of permission.
The filled-in application form in the prescribed format should be sent to nandankananzoo[at]yahoo.com with a copy to deputydirector.kanan[at]gmail.com or through Registered post to Deputy Director, Nandankanan Zoological Park, Barang-754005.
Click here to view the official notification of Internship Programme at Nandankanan Biological Park.
You may also be interested in: