Applications are invited for Internship Opportunity (Sustainable Development Goals) at UNDP, Chandigarh for the year 2022. The last date of application is 29 July.
UNDP seeks to enlist two interns to assist the Regional Head – North Region in ESG related research, data collection & analysis, preparation of concept papers and event management as a part of working with Private Sector in the region to promote sustainability and green reporting.
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher) in Rural Development, Agriculture, Social Science, Management or related fields.
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in Rural Development, Agriculture, Social Science, Management or related fields.
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with UNDP and Industry Association to cull out an events/activities and training calendar for private sector entities in the region.
- Conducting comprehensive research into sustainability practices of companies across sectors and geographies by looking at relevant ESG metrics from a broad range of sources
- Aggregating ESG data points from annual reports, CSR/Sustainability reports, proxy statements, and other company filings; Analyse and measure the ESG performance of companies and compare against sector and regional peers
- Support in organizing training and capacity building events, basis the activities calendar of private sector for the region. ? Take responsibility for developing skills & knowledge through formal & informal training and self-study
- Develop and share your expertise on the ESG challenges associated to specific companies, sectors and industries
- Understand and leverage ESG/sustainability frameworks and standards (SASB, TCFD, GRI or similar) to inform disclosure practices to the forum.
- Application Deadline: 29-Jul-22
- Starting date: 10-Aug-2022
Click here to apply for Internship Opportunity (Sustainable Development Goals) at UNDP, Chandigarh.
You may also be interested in: