Applications are invited for Internship Opportunity (Policy) at UNDP, New Delhi for the year 2022. The last date of application is 27 June.
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- The candidate should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in economics, development studies, public policy, or other relevant social sciences.
- Or Candidates in the final year and about to complete a master’s degree or pursuing a Ph.D. in the above academic disciplines can also apply. The candidate must:
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) or/and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within oneyear of graduation.
- Or be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
- Ability to conduct primary and secondary data collection and analysis.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required. Experience with data visualization platforms will be considered an advantage.
- Working knowledge of data analysis software such as STATA/R/Python will be beneficial with the ability to learn at a rapid pace as required.
- Good knowledge of econometric concepts including, but not limited to, tests of significance, correlations, causation identification and regression analysis is desirable.
The intern will work under the overall guidance of the UNDP Policy Unit team to carry out the following tasks:
- Identify, study, and document development datasets available in the public domain to formulate relevant, high-quality, evidence-led strategic policy briefs, notes and presentations for UNDP and external stakeholders.
- Play an active role in proposing and formulating novel concepts aligned with the national development agenda and UNDP India’s work domains.
- Foster an active learning environment within and outside the team on relevant policy and advocacy topics.
- Support ongoing Policy Unit projects through both primary and secondary research along with proper documentation in the form of reports, policy briefs, emails, concept notes among others. ? Perform additional tasks as allocated by the supervisor.
- Application deadline: 27 June 2022
- Starting date of the internship: 11 July 2022
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
Click here to view the official notification of Internship Opportunity (Policy) at UNDP.
You may also be interested in: