Applications are invited for Internship Opportunity at Bureau of Police Research and Development for the year 2022. The last date of application is 28 February.
The Government of India vied Resolution No.8/136/68-P.I (Pers.I) dated 28.08.1970 formally established the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D), under the Ministry of Home Affairs giving a new orientation to then existing Police Research and Advisory Council (1966) for the following reasons and with the primary objective of modernization of police force:
- To take direct and active interest in the issues
- To promote a speedy and systematic study of the police problems,
- To apply science and technology in the methods and techniques used by police.
- Students pursuing PG/M.Phil/Ph.D in the following subjects are eligible to apply:
- Social Work
- Forensic Psychology
- Human Rights
- Public Administration
- Public Policy & Governance
- Information Technology
- Police & Prison Studies
- Cyber Security
- Cyber Forensics & Information Security
- Police & Prison Administration
- Computer Science
- Any other subjects related to police or prisons/correctional administration issues.
- Applications must be forwarded by the Head of Department of their University. Applications which are not forwarded through the respective Head of the Department of the University will be rejected.
- Students who have attended WKH Internship Programme in the BPR&D earlier are not eligible to apply again.
- The internship for a period of 30 days in a calendar month. 7KHWotal number of working days should not be less than 22 days.
- Internship for a period of 2 months. The total number of working days should not be less than 44 days.
The schedule for WKH, internship will be as follows:
- Introductory Session- The interns will be introduced to the DG, BPR&D, ADG, BPR&D and Director ofDOO the Divisions.
- Assigning of Tasks- The interns will be assigned tasks by the respective Divisions in which they will be attached.
- Assigning of Projects- The interns will be assigned projects on police or correctional administration related issues by the respective Divisions in which they will be attached.
- Field Visits- The interns will be VHQW for field visits to get exposure and firsthand experience of the work done by police and prison administration to:
a) Correctional Homes
b) Police Stations
c) Juvenile Homes (optional)
d) Any other place relevant to police/prison administration (optional)
- Internship Report- The interns are required to submit the report on the tasks completed by them along with Dreport on field visits to the Nodal Officer for Intern in each Division, which will in turn be put up to the Director.
- Valediction- On successful completion of the internship programme, the interns will be given certificates and mementos. Copy of the certificate will be send to the concerned University.
Applications should be submitted to this Bureau vide post addressed to Shri Anup Chhetri, AD (Res.), BPR&D, NH-8, Mahipalpur, New Delhi-110037 or via email at anupchhetri[at]bprd.nic.in.
The last date of application submission is 28 February 2022.
The selected Interns from outside Delhi will be allowed Sleeper Class train fare to New Delhi and back to their place of study through the shortest route. All selected interns will be paid an amount of Rs. 8,000/- (Rupees Eight Thousand only) as Dstipend for a calendar month.
Click here to view the official notification of Internship Opportunity at Bureau of Police Research and Development 2022-23.
You may also be interested in: