INSA Medal for Young Scientists instituted in 1974 by the Indian National Science Academy and awarded annually are intended to honor talented young Indian scientists in recognition of their outstanding contributions in any branch of science or technology coming within the purview of the Academy.
The research carried out in India by the nominees will be taken into consideration for the award.
Any citizen of India who has not attained the age of 35 years on December 31, of the year preceding the year of award, shall be eligible for the award. Only those born on or after 1 January 1984 are eligible for consideration in the year 2019.
Number of Awards
The number of awards to be made in any year will be limited to 30.
- Candidates may be nominated by Fellows of the Indian National Science Academy, previous recipients of INSA Medal for Young Scientists, national scientific societies, university faculties, post-graduate departments or research institutions.
- A nomination will remain valid for consideration for 3 years or the eligibility age whichever expires earlier.
- A nomination shall be made in the prescribed format along with all supporting documents.
- The soft copy of the nomination in MS-Word/ pdf only (through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org), must reach the academy latest by October 31, 2018.
Note: Nominations, which are not complete or received after the due date, shall not be considered.
- Candidates recommended by the Sectional Committees will be invited to present their research work for consideration of the Committee which will meet in April 2019.
- The candidates thus called for the presentation are entitled for II AC return rail fare and local conveyance as applicable.
- The evaluation and recommendation of the Sectional Committees are considered by the Council of the Academy which makes the final selection.
Cash Prize and Research Grant
Each awardee will be presented a Medal, a certificate, and cash prize of Rs. 50,000/-.
Last Date for receiving Nominations: October 31, 2018
Email Id: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org