Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the INSA JRD-Tata Fellowships 2022.
About the Fellowship
Indian National Science Academy (INSA), a premier scientific organization in India representing all branches of Science and Technology, instituted the INSA- JRD TATA FELLOWSHIP in honour of the late JRD Tata, visionary and a leading industrialist.
The purpose of this Fellowship is to extend the advanced scientific infrastructure and expertise of India to scientists and researchers of developing countries.
The Fellowship established from an Endowment received from Sir Dorabji Tata Trust will foster advanced research training of scientists from the developing world and promote south-south cooperation.
Scope and Duration of Fellowship
The Fellowship provides an opportunity for young scientists, teachers and researchers from the developing countries all over the world to undertake research studies in India. It covers short-term, participatory research studies in all major disciplines of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences at the Indian Centres of Excellence.
The Fellowship awardees are provided considerable freedom in availing the opportunity and formulating the contents of their research work in India. The awardees may either correspond with the host institute and opt to work there if offered placement or seek the assistance of the Academy for placement.
About 10 Fellowships are provided annually. The Fellowship covers return airfare from place of work in their home country to place of work in India, boarding and lodging at the affiliated institution/s, and an adequate allowance in Indian currency to cover incidental expenses. The maximum period of award will be for three months. The awardees are allowed to choose a fellowship period mutually convenient to them and the host institute.
On successful completion of the program, the awardees are required to submit a brief report to the centre and participate in subsequent feedback requirements on the usefulness of the program in their home country.
- Applicant (other than Indian) possessing Doctorate or Master’s Degree in Science or equivalent degree in Engineering/ Medicine and allied disciplines, below 45 years of age and affiliated to a scientific or academic institution in a developing country (Other than India).
- The applicant must possess a valid passport.
How to Apply?
- The prescribed application can be downloaded from this link.
- Applications may be submitted as hard copy or scan copy with supporting documents (please see application form) to INSA. No application beyond the deadline will be accepted
- The Executive Director Indian National Science Academy (INSA) Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg New Delhi-110002 Email ID : email@example.com
- List of enclosures to accompany the application:
- A detailed curriculum vitae containing the date of birth & age, applicant’s research interest and experience, publications (only those in referred journals), present position, scientific affiliations, awards and scholarships etc.
- A brief write-up describing the proposed research work.
- Two passport size photographs.
- Copy of degree certificate for highest qualification.
- A letter of consent from parent Institution and letter of acceptance from host institution
- Applications should be forwarded by an appropriate authority.
- Selected candidates must obtain permission/leave from their parent institutions.
- Selected candidates must obtain Indian Visa for the proposed period of research upon advice from INSA.
May 15, 2022