Applications are invited from prospective candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Program at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali (IISER Mohali), for the session beginning in January 2021. Candidates interested in pursuing research in interdisciplinary areas are also encouraged to apply.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali (IISER Mohali) is an autonomous public research university established in 2007 at Mohali, Punjab, India. It is one of the seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs), established by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India, to research in frontier areas of science and to provide science education at the undergraduate and postgraduate level. It was established after IISER Pune and IISER Kolkata and is recognized as an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India.
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- For Ph.D. in Biological Sciences: The applicant should have a Masters degree/ B.Tech/ MBBS/ M.Tech/ /M. Pharm with a good academic record (at least 60% and above) and should be GATE/CSIR or UGC-NET/ JEST/ GPAT/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/ DBT-BINC/ ICAR-NET/ DST- INSPIRE qualified in the relevant subject. (Notice from the department of biological sciences: All Applications for Aug 2020 are to be considered for Jan 2021 admissions. Candidates who applied for August 2020 Ph.D. admission for Biological Sciences need not re-apply.)
- For Ph.D. in Chemical Sciences: The applicant should have a Masters degree/ B.Tech/ MBBS/ M.Tech/ M.Pharm with a good academic record (at least a high second class) and should be GATE/ CSIR or UGC-NET/ JEST/ GPAT/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/ DBT-BINC/ ICAR-NET/ DST- INSPIRE qualified in the relevant subject. (Notice from the Department of Chemical Sciences: Please note that previous applications submitted for August 2020 admission in Chemical Sciences are no longer valid and will not be considered for Jan 2021 admission. All the candidates who submitted their applications for August 2020 admission in Chemical Sciences are requested to submit a new application. An individual e-mail has been sent to all applicants from the Aug 2020 admission cycle.)
- For Ph.D. in Physical Sciences: The applicant should have a Masters degree/ B.Tech/MBBS/ M.Tech with a good academic record (at least a high second class) and should be GATE/ CSIR or UGC-NET/ JEST/ GPAT/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/DBT-BINC/ ICAR-NET/ DST- INSPIRE qualified in the relevant subject.
- For Ph.D. in Earth and Environmental Sciences: An applicant should have a Masters/B.Tech/ M. Tech degree in Atmospheric Sciences/ Earth and Environmental Sciences/ Geology/ Chemistry/ Physics/ Environmental Biotechnology/ Biological Sciences/ Geophysics/ Meteorology/Hydrology/ Climate Sciences/ Mathematics / Remote Sensing / Computer Sciences / Artificial Intelligence /Data Sciences and should have a valid GATE/ CSIR-UGC-NET/ DST-Inspire fellowship.
- For Ph.D. in Humanities and Social Sciences: An applicant should have M.A./ M.Sc./ M.Phil degree (minimum 55% for General and OBC category, minimum 50% for SC/ST/PD.) in one or more of the following subjects: Sociology /Anthropology / Geography / Modern Indian History / Urban History / Political Economy / Gender Studies / Urban Studies / English Literature / Development Studies/ South Asian studies. Apart from applying online, an applicant must send a statement of proposed research (minimum 1500 words) to the following email address: email@example.com mentioning the broad subject area (History, Literature, Geography, etc.) as the subject of the email, failing which the application may not be considered for shortlisting. This email address is meant ONLY for sending the statement of the proposed research. Having qualified UGC/ NET/ NETJRF/ GATE or any other national level eligibility test is required at the time of the Ph.D. application submission. The candidates who have not yet qualified (including those who are awaiting results) any of the above-mentioned national eligibility tests will not be shortlisted. For English literature, only candidates with UGC-NET-JRF will be considered.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is October 21, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.
IISER Mohali Ph.D. Admission 2021 Notification
You might also be interested in Ph.D. Admissions 2021 at MANIT, Bhopal: Apply by Oct 29.
Ph.D. Admissions 2021 at IISER, Tirupati: Apply by Oct 20.
Ph.D. Admissions Spring Semester 2020-21 at IIT Bombay: Apply by Oct 15.
Ph.D. Admissions 2021 (via GATE/CAT/GMAT/GRE/UGC-JRF) at IIM Ahmedabad: Apply by Jan 21.