The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Berhampur (IISER Berhampur) invites applications for the posts of Project Laboratory Technician (temporary) on project mode on a purely temporary basis to work in the COVID-19 testing laboratory. The temporary engagement will be for a period of 01 (one) year. The position may continue for another year based on the performance of the candidate, requirement, or till functioning of the COVID -19 lab.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Berhampur (IISER Berhampur) is a public research and education institute in Berhampur, Odisha, India. It was established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development in order to promote Higher Scientific Learning and Research as well as Scientific Exploration at the Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels of education and to create Scientists and Academicians of the highest quality. IISER Berhampur is recognized an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India.
This new institute started functioning from the 2016–17 academic year in the month of August. IISER Bhopal is the mentor of this institute until a new director is appointed.
Project Laboratory Technician (Temporary) for IISER Berhampur Covid-19 testing Laboratory (02)
- Graduate in any Discipline of Life Sciences with practical experience in molecular biology techniques.
- M.Sc. in any discipline of Life Sciences.
- Experience of handling clinical Samples, or experience working in a lab.
Rs.20,500/- (fixed) plus HRA @ 8% on the fixed pay. However, fixed emolument can be negotiated and shall be offered on a higher side in case of deserving candidates incommensurate to the relevant higher qualification/ relevant experience and subject to the approval of the competent authority.
Hostel accommodation will be provided as per the availability. In that case, HRA will not be paid.
The positions are purely temporary. The engagement will be for a period of 01 (one) year. The position may continue for another year based on the performance of the candidate, requirement, or till functioning of the COVID-19 lab.
How to Apply?
- To download the application form, click here.
- Completed applications (as per attachment), scanned copies of mark sheets/ certificates should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Saturday, October 17, 2020.
- An interview of short-listed candidates will be conducted through an online platform/ telephone.
- The Employee shall strictly observe the Code of Conduct and Rules & Policies prescribed by IISER Berhampur from time to time during the period of deployment.
- The aforesaid terms & conditions shall be supplementary and in addition to the terms of the engagement letter, which shall be issued to the eligible candidate.
- Further, the institute reserves the right not to engage against this advertisement based on functional requirements due to changed circumstances. No interim correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
For full notification, click the link below.
IISER Berhampur Project Positions Recruitment Notification
You might also be interested in JRF & JPF Under DST-SERB & NCERT Funded Project at IIITDM Jabalpur: Apply by Oct 20 & 21.