The Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA), Centre for Transportation and Logistics (CTL) is hiring full-time Research Associates to work on transportation and logistics research projects and to support a wide range of CTL activities.
Research Associates are expected to work independently within the scope of their responsibilities. Research responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting in data collection, conducting data analysis, interpreting results, and drafting and editing manuscripts and presentations. Other responsibilities include program/ event planning and execution, website management, newsletter preparation, and assisting in various center operations issues.
Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad is a business school located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. It is consistently ranked among the top business schools in India. The school has been accorded the status of an Institute of National Importance by the Ministry of Human Resources, Government of India in 2017.
- Applicants must have a B.E./ B.Tech (or equivalent) degree (from top-tier institutions such as the IITs/ IISc/ NITs/ IISERs, etc.) in any discipline with outstanding grades.
- Preference will be given to applicants with M.E./ M.Tech/ MBA (or equivalent) degree (from top-tier institutions such as the IITs/ IIMs/ IISc, etc.), and those that have training in transportation and/ or logistics.
- Applicants must have (and demonstrate) one or more of the following: strong quantitative analysis skills, sound knowledge of econometric methods, expertise in optimization modeling, experience in data analysis using Stata/ R/ SAS/ Matlab/ Python, and experience with spatial data analysis using ArcGIS/ QGIS.
- Applicants must be self-motivated with excellent communication skills (both written and oral), and have the ability to work in a team environment.
Compensation will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
The position will be initially offered for a period of six months and may be extended depending on performance, at the discretion of the faculty supervisors. A Research Associate will be expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and may be required to travel within India.
How to Apply?
Candidates meeting the above criteria may please send their application latest by January 4, 2021, to Ms. Suganya Sudhakar at email@example.com containing the following materials (as a single consolidated PDF):
- A cover letter stating educational and relevant work experience, data analysis skills, familiarity with programming languages/ software, and expressing interest in the position, and
- A detailed CV.
The subject line of the application email should read “Application for the position of RA at CTL.” Shortlisted candidates may be invited for a telephone, or Zoom/Skype, or in-person interview. They will only contact candidates shortlisted for the interview. They will not send out letters of rejection to other applicants. Emails asking for status updates will not be entertained.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
IIM Ahmedabad Research Associates Recruitment Notification