Applications are invited for Guest Faculty (Hotel and Tourism Management) at Panjab University, Chandigarh for the year 2022. The last date of application is 20 April.
Qualification for Guest Faculty (Tourism)
Eligibility (A or B):
A i) A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in Tourism/Travel Management from an Indian University or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University with two years of professional experience after acquiring Master’s degree. Preference will be given for candidates with Ph.D. in relevant discipline.
ii)Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate, must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) in the relevant discipline conducted by the UGC or a similar test accredited by the UGC or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time, as the case may be, exempted from NET: Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Byelaws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET for recruitment and appointment of guest faculty subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:-
- The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
- The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency.
The fulfillment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned. The conditions mentioned above for candidates registered for Ph.D. prior to July 11, 2009 will be applicable. OR
B. The Ph.D degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University(Shanghai).
Qualification for Guest Faculty (Hotel Management):
i) Full time Bachelor degree with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/Physically and Visually Handicapped) (3/4 years degree or 3 years Diploma after 10+2) in Hospitality & Hotel Administration/Hotel management from a recognized University or equivalent with Master’s degree in Hospitality and Hotel Administration /Hotel management with first class or equivalent, and
ii) A minimum of (3) three years of experience of industry and/or teaching (industry experience of 4 Star and above category hotels. Teaching experience (after post-graduation) in an Institute affiliated to National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology/State board of technical education/recognized University).
- Applicants should use the application form available for the post of Assistant Professor at the website.
- One hard copy of duly filled form along with copy(ies) of requisite documents / proofs should be submitted to the office of the Director, University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management, Panjab University latest by 20.04.2022 upto 4.00 p.m.
Rs. 1000/- per lecture with an upper limit of Rs. 25,000/- per month.
Click here to view the official notification of Guest Faculty (Hotel and Tourism Management) at Panjab University.
You may also be interested in: