Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Google Venkat Panchapakesan Scholarships 2022.
Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that focuses on search engine technology, online advertising, cloud computing, computer software, quantum computing, e-commerce, artificial intelligence, and consumer electronics.
Venkat was a much loved and highly respected engineer whose career took him to YouTube, Google, and Yahoo, among other notable companies.
He tragically passed away too young, after a battle with cancer. During his short time he deeply touched the hearts and minds of his friends, family and colleagues. He taught us to be selfless, humble, ever-optimistic and to always find the best in people.
Are you an ever-optimistic person who believes we can make the world a more sustainable place? Are you passionate about the field of computer science and engineering? Are you already using computer science to develop solutions for some challenges, or opportunities, that you see around you?
If yes, Google invites you to apply for the Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship.
They are specifically looking for university students who:
- Aspire to be computer scientists and technology leaders
- Exemplify leadership skills and a demonstrated passion for computer science and technology
- Communicates their responses and message with thought and clarity
- Have a great financial need
Benefits of the Scholarship
Selected students will receive a financial award of $2,500 USD towards tuition and education related expenses, and will be invited to a virtual retreat in October 2022.
Terms & Conditions
- Scholarship recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their application materials compared to the entire applicant pool.
- The selection will be full and final, and the applicants will confirm they will not dispute the same at any point of time.
- The Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship award of $2,500 USD must be spent on tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for the students’ classes at their primary university.
- Tax liability, if any, in relation to this scholarship award will have to be borne by the scholarship recipient.
- Scholarship recipients must be enrolled as full-time students for the academic years 2022-2023. Enrollment will be verified after the winners are selected, and all scholarship payments will be made directly to the student to be used towards tuition and education related expenses.
- We will withhold the award for any scholar who no longer meets the eligibility requirements and revoke the award for any scholar who does not maintain the eligibility requirements.
- Any employee of Google Inc. including its affiliates and subsidiaries are not eligible to apply for Google scholarships.
- Persons who are (1) residents of embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily resident in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs may not apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scholarships through this link.
August 14, 2022