The Department of Biotechnology, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology (MNNIT), Allahabad is organizing an AICTE Five Day Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on Bio-hydrogen Production & Technology Development: A future renewable energy source from January 11 to 15, 2021.
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad, formerly Motilal Nehru Regional Engineering College, is a public technical university located in Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh, India. It is one of the top NITs in the country, and like the rest of them, classified as an Institute of National Importance.
The FDP on “Bio-hydrogen production & technology development: A future renewable energy source” is aimed to provide information regarding the emerging field of bio-waste conversion to renewable energy “BIO-HYDROGEN” (carbon-free energy). This potential energy fuel can be used to fulfill the demand of present and future populations along with bio-waste reduction.
The intent of this FDP is to promote healthy discussion regarding bio-waste transformation to eco-friendly hydrogen energy by naturally occurring potent microbes (a small bioreactor) instead of the steam reforming process. The lectures will be delivered by eminent faculty members of academia & provide a forum for the exchange of knowledge & learning.
The main objective of the FDP course is to help in imparting quality technical education in the country and to support technical institutions in fostering research, innovation, and entrepreneurship through training. The course will definitely provide a positive impact on the participants who are in the practice of this qualitative emerging field or interested in this field.
- Basics of microbes & microbial metabolic pathways
- Potential bio-wastes for biohydrogen production
- Direct & indirect photolysis of water
- Integrated process: A biorefinery approach
- Tools and techniques used in biohydrogen production for data analysis
- Process optimization & strategies for enhanced yield & rate of biohydrogen production
- Reactor design and its operation
- Bio-waste management & COD reduction
- Online demonstration of biohydrogen production using 1L fed-batch bioreactor
- Socioeconomic analysis
- Mental & emotional development, stress management
Faculty Members of AICTE approved institutes; Research Scholars, Students of both Professional and science backgrounds; Professionals of government agencies, and industry professionals are invited to apply.
- The registration for the course is free of cost for all the participants and interested candidates can register by clicking here.
- Candidates also need to provide their consent for the FDP by clicking here.
- Seats are limited (maximum up to 200) & participants will be selected on a first come first serve basis.
- After successful completion of the FDP course, a test will be conducted by the coordinator for the assessment of each participant.
- The certificates shall be awarded only to those participants, who have attended the course with a minimum of 80% attendance and scored a minimum of 60% marks in the test.
- The last date to register is January 4, 2021.
Prof. Anjana Pandey
Department of Biotechnology,
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology (MNNIT) Allahabad,
Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh, India -211004
Contact No: 9452690849
For full notification, click the link below.