Applications are invited for Faculty Positions 2022 at NSUT Delhi for the year 2022. The last date of application is 21 July.
The University invites application from interested Retired/Serving Academicians/ Other Professionals as indicated from reputed institutions for various positions such as Adjunct Faculty, Professor Emeritus and Visiting Faculty, for various Departments of University.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Computer Engineering (COE)
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering (ICE)
- Information Technology (IT)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Biological Sciences & Engineering
Who can apply?
Reputed scientists, engineers, academicians, physicians, artists, civil servants, and other relevant professionals both serving and retired (from active service), can be inducted as Adjunct faculty to add valuable expertise and practical knowledge and complement the knowledge pool of existing faculty. The following will be some broad guidelines for selection of adjunct faculty.
- They must be persons of repute, comparable to at least the top one third of the regular faculty in professional expertise and reputation in their own fields and organizations.
- Adjunct faculty will supervise student projects at all levels – UG to Ph.D., carry out sponsored research and consultancy, and teach courses, all these activities either independently or in collaboration with a regular faculty. They may also be members of Departmental Committees, if their professional experience becomes useful. While teaching courses, they may take responsibility of a full semester-long course or only a part thereof in collaboration with a regular faculty. The degree of involvement will be worked out mutually by the adjunct faculty and the University.
- Adjunct faculty will be appointed by the Board of Management on the recommendation of a Committee headed by the Vice Chancellor, NSUT.
Faculty superannuating from the service in NSUT and other institutions/ Universities may be inducted by the Board as ‘Professor Emeritus’ for a maximum period of 3 years on the recommendation of a committee.
This provision is limited to faculty with proven academic & research credentials. Such appointment shall be made against sanctioned faculty posts only. The remuneration of such Professor will be fixed in the regular scale for the post of Professor at the entry level or last pay drawn minus pension, whichever is less. They shall not be entitled for retirement and other benefits. HRA & Transport Allowance will not be admissible.
Academic personnel from Universities, Institutes, R&D labs, Industry or Government in India or abroad, including those on sabbatical leave from other institutions or retired, may be inducted into the University for brief periods (Maximum 2 years), with or without remuneration. They may be appointed by Vice Chancellor on recommendation of the Head of the Department and any faculty member in the department who will serve as host.
Honorarium for the Visiting Faculty shall not be more than the salary of regular Professor at the entry level, if any, of the University. They shall not be entitled for any retirement benefits. The faculty from abroad may be paid to-and-fro air fare (economy class) once in two years from his/her country to India. They shall not be certified for retirement and other benefits.
Interested persons may apply for the above positions in the prescribed format attached with this advertisement on or before 21.07.2022. Completed applications may be sent on email id hoo[at]nsut.ac.in.
Click here to view the official notification of Faculty Positions 2022 at NSUT Delhi.
You may also be interested in: