Applications are invited for DST INSPIRE Fellowship 2021. The last date of application is 31 March 2022.
Department of Science & Technology (DST) has taken several pioneering initiatives for attracting meritorious students to study basic and natural sciences at the college and university level and to pursue research careers in both basic and applied science areas including engineering, medicine, agriculture and veterinary sciences through various components under INSPIRE.
Innovation in Scientific Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE), offers standing opportunity for pursuing Doctoral Research at any recognized University or Institute in India through Fellowships at same level as National Eligibility Test (NET) qualified candidates.
INSPIRE Fellowship component of INSPIRE Programme is focused on attraction of students to pursue regular doctoral degree in basic and applied sciences including engineering, medicine, agriculture, veterinary, pharmacy etc. after either Masters’ degree in Science/ Applied Science/ Engineering or Bachelors’/ Masters’ degree in Medicine.
- INSPIRE Scholar having secured minimum 70% marks (or CGPA equivalent) in aggregate at M.Sc. or Integrated M.S./ M.Sc. (or)
- 1st Rank Holder at University level examination in Post-Graduate (PG) level examinations in Basic/Applied Sciences including Engineering, Pharmacy, Agricultural sciences and Veterinary Sciences from any recognized University and academic Institutions (Excluding Autonomous Colleges) in India. (or)
- 1st Rank Holder at University level examination in Graduate/Post-graduate Degree in Medicine only from any recognized Indian University or Institute/Statutory Body in India.
- Please Note that Students who i) are 1st Rank Holder in College including Autonomous College Examination, ii) have obtained degree (s) through Distance Education Mode and iii) are 1st Rank Holder in any specialization given at M.Sc. 2nd/ last year, are not eligible for the offer of INSPIRE Fellowship.
- Candidates who are Indian Citizens and have acquired their eligibility for INSPIRE Fellowship during the years 2020 and 2021 are eligible to apply.
Interested and eligible students must apply and submit their application with all essential documents through ONLINE mode only. Those interested in submitting application have to register at this portal and submit the application online. Please read guidelines available on the portal carefully before submitting the application. This web- portal will be open from 1st March 2022 to 31st March 2022 (till 23:59 hrs. IST) for submission of applications.
The Fellowship amount under INSPIRE Fellowship is as per GoI norms of fellowship (Junior Research Fellowship/ Senior Research Fellowship) and research grant to the candidate. There is a provision of 1000 INSPIRE Fellowships to be offered to eligible students against the INSPIRE Fellowship-2021 call and each Fellowship is tenable for a maximum period of five years or completion of the PhD degree, whichever is earlier.
This Fellowship shall not be available to pursue M.Sc. or M.Phil. or M. Tech. course while pursing Integrated M.Sc.- Ph.D./ M. Phil.-Ph.D./ M. Tech.-Ph.D. courses.
Email to: inspire.prog dst[at]nic.in
Call: 0124-6690020, 0124-6690021
Click here to view the official notification of DST INSPIRE Fellowship 2021.
You may also be interested in: