Applications are invited for DST INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship 2022. The last date of application is 15 August.
Applications are invited for the year 2022, from eligible candidates under INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship component of INSPIRE scheme of DST through the web-portal
About DST INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship
Under “Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE)” scheme of Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, opportunities are provided to meritorious young Indian students to study basic and natural sciences at the college and university level and to pursue research careers in both basic and applied science areas including engineering, medicine, agriculture and veterinary sciences.
INSPIRE includes multiple components out of which the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship component offers post-doctoral fellowships to young achievers with Ph.D. qualification in the age group of 27-32 years for 5 years to carry out post-doctoral research in both basic and applied science areas including engineering, medicine, agriculture and veterinary sciences.
- Indian citizens and People of Indian origin with PIO status having Ph.D. degree (in science, mathematics, engineering, pharmacy, medicine and agriculture related subjects) from any recognized university in the world.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 60% (or equivalent CGPA) marks throughout their academic profile starting from the Senior Secondary Examination (Class 12 onwards).
- Those who have submitted their Ph.D. theses and are awaiting the award of degree shall also be eligible. However, selection for the Fellowship will be confirmed only after the Ph.D. degree is awarded.
- The upper age limit as on 1st Jan 2022 is 32 years for General Category. However, for SC/ST/Women candidates, the upper age limit will be 37 years on the said date. For persons with benchmark disabilities (Divyangjan with not less than 40 percent of a specified disability), the upper age limit will be 42 years.
- Publication(s) in highly reputed journals demonstrating outstanding research potential of the candidate.
- Candidates who are employed in regular/contractual positions within India may also apply for INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship for improvement and enhancement in their career prospects but, upon selection, the candidates will need to resign (no lien or deputation or any type of leave would be accepted) from the current job and organization before taking up the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship. The candidates, who get selected for regular position in any institute/university after submission of IFF application, would be entitled to receive the Research Grant only as INSPIRE Faculty Fellows.
- Desirable: Candidates who are within top 1% in Class 12 examination, IIT-JEE rank holders, 1st rank holders either in graduation or post-graduation level university examinations.
Each selected INSPIRE Faculty Fellow will be eligible to receive a consolidated amount of Rs. 1,25,000/- per month as fellowship with annual increment of Rs. 2,000/-. In addition, a Research Grant of Rs. 7.0 lakh every year for 5 years will also be provided to each successful candidate. The consolidated amount of Rs.1,25,000 per month is an all-inclusive fellowship and taxable as per the Indian IT Act.
The INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship is for a maximum period of 5(five) years. No Fellow should avail two fellowships concurrently during the tenure of this Fellowship period.
Interested and eligible students must apply and submit their application with all essential documents through ONLINE mode only. Applications are to be submitted online on INSPIRE web-portal. Those interested in submitting application have to register at this portal and submit the application online. Please read guidelines available on the portal carefully before submitting the application.
This web- portal will be open from 1st July 2022 to 15th August 2022 (till 23:59 hrs. IST) for submission of applications.
Call: 0124-6690020, 0124- 6690021
Click here to view the official notification of DST INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship 2022.
You may also be interested in: