Delhi Metropolitan Education is organizing an International Conference on Transgender Identity and Rights in South Asia on 11th and 12th March 2022.
Delhi Metropolitan Education [DME] is an affiliated college with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, a State University based in India.
About the Event
Research Cell, Delhi Metropolitan Education, Noida is organizing a two-day International Conference aimed at understanding the awareness around the movement beyond the urban landscape which is utterly blind to the ripples that exist in small towns, suburbs, and rural areas and to learn and engage with the Trans movement in the places and through people away from the political spotlight.
The Conference shall take place from 11th to 12th March 2022.
Open to all.
Themes and Sub-Themes
Language and Invisibilisation
- Politics of Pronouns
- Mythology, Folktales, and Transgender
- Trans visibility in literature
- Decoding Abuses and their politics
Rights of Transgender
- Access to Medical Care
- Access to public spaces
- Civil and Criminal Law Protection
Representation and Visibility
- Visual Media: Movies, Advertisement, Literature
- Misappropriation of art/work
- Political Representation
- Reservation and Affirmative Action
Note: The sub-themes are not exhaustive and are suggestive.
- Submission of Abstract/Concept note etc: 15th January 2022
- Intimation of Abstract/Concept note Shortlisting: 20th January 2022
- Submission of Final Draft: 25th Feburary, 2022
- Content Presentation: Rs. 350/-
- Attending: Rs. 100/-
Note: The fees has to be paid once your Abstract/ Concept note is shortlisted.
- Research Paper (3000-5000 words; APA 7/Bluebook 20th Ed.)
- Poems (250 words minimum)
- Prose (1000 words minimum)
- Articles/opinions (1000 words minimum)
- Font: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12, Line Spacing: 1.5, Alignment: Justified Alignment.
The paper presentation can be done through PPT.
- Ms. Shambhavi Mishra, Assistant Professor (Law), Convener [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Ms. Shanu Jain, Assistant Professor (Management) Member, Research Cell [email@example.com]
Submission of Abstract/Concept Note Link: https://forms.gle/fMaqSNPJYandPMhs8