About the Course
This Course will explore the evolving understanding of resilience and how Meditation
can benefit us all.
Some central themes in the course will be the way that the brain is affected by Meditation. There will be consideration of the effects of relaxation, focusing attention, self-awareness, integration, mind regulation, cultivating positive thoughts, compassion, connection, and the role of the heart. Studies reporting successful interventions for young people will be discussed. The Course will also be practical in effect offering participants the opportunity to explore different approaches to Meditation in a workshop format during the afternoons; and to write a report about their discoveries.
- To clarify the concept of resilience, which can be related to inner strength, and show how different aspects of meditation can support and cultivate it
- To explore current research on meditation and its relevance for us in an increasingly stressful and challenging world.
- To consider specific aspects of different meditation practices and their relevance to health, well-being, and life.
- To encourage the practical exploration of different kinds of meditation.
- To consider practical aspects of resilience in life.
- To consider the wider and deeper spiritual context of meditation and resilience.
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate students
- PhD, MPhil scholars, Project Fellows and Researchers who work on/are interested in various aspects of Meditation and Resilience
- Educators and counselors
Participants from abroad: US $500
Industry/ Research Organizations: INR 10000
Academic Institutions: INR 5000
The above fee includes all instructional materials, computer use for assignments, 24 hr free
internet facility. The participants will be provided accommodation on payment basis.
Phone: +91-3222-283698 (O) /283699 (R)
For Official Link, click here.