The Department of Electrical Engineering & School of Material Science and Technology, Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University) is organizing an AICTE Sponsored Online Short-Term Course on Challenges, Opportunities, and Emerging Trend in the Field of High Voltage and Electrical Insulation from February 1 to 5, 2021.
The Indian Institute of Technology Varanasi is a public technical and research university located in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India. Founded in 1919 as the Banaras Engineering College, it became the Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University in 1968.
High voltage finds its technological application in many areas viz. electrical power system, environmental pollution control, medical imaging, electron microscopy, nuclear physics, pulse power, defense, food processing. Harvesting the potential benefits of high voltage in different application areas requires critical awareness and fundamental understanding of various aspects of electrical insulation.
The proposed short-term course will provide wide coverage on various aspects of high voltage electrical insulation and familiarize participants on fundamental as well as on recent advances in this field.
Major topics to be covered during the course include:
- High voltage fundamentals: An overview of different failure mechanism in electrical insulation, high voltage
generation and measurement techniques.
- Recent progress in the application of high voltages: Pollution control, Pulse power engineering
- Novel methods in the analysis of electrical discharges
- Nano-dielectrics: Synthesis, characterization, challenges, and opportunities
- Progress in liquid dielectrics (mineral, synthetic, and natural ester-based nano-fluid)
- Recent advances in condition monitoring and diagnostics of power transformer
You might also be interested in Online Course on Nanoelectronics Devices & Circuit by IIT BHU [Jan 4-9]: Register by Dec 31.
Who can Attend?
This course is open to faculty members from AICTE approved educational institutes, and there is no registration fee to attend the course.
Subject experts from premier institutions like IISc, IITs, NITs, and other reputed institutions.
To register for the course, click here. The last date to register is January 20, 2021.
Dr. Jeewan Chandra Pandey
(Assistant Professor, Department of
For full notification, click the link below.
Online Course on Emerging Trend in the Field of High & Electrical Insulation