The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Karnataka, Surathkal is organizing A Self-Financed Online Short Term Course on Design and Control of Power Electronic Converters and its Applications from October 19 to 23, 2020.
National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK), also known as NITK Surathkal, formerly known as Karnataka Regional Engineering College (KREC), is a public engineering university at Surathkal, Mangalore. It was founded in 1960 as KREC while today, it is one of the 32 National Institutes of Technology in India and is recognised as an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India. It has a suburban campus, in close proximity to the Arabian Sea. National Highway 66 runs through the campus and serves as the major mode of access.
Power Electronic converters are employed in a variety of applications including Switch Mode Power Supplies, Motor Drives, Renewable Energy Conversion systems, Power Systems, Electric Vehicles etc., This course covers the Design, Operation and Control of Power Converters for different applications.
The following topics will be covered:
- Switch Mode Power Supplies
- Design of DC – DC Converters
- Design of Multistring Inverters for Micro-Grid
- Design of Power Converters for Solar Energy Conversion
- Design of Multi-level Inverter Topologies.
- Power Converters for Electric Vehicles
- Power Quality Improvement
- Faculty/ Industry persons: Rs. 350/-
- Students (UG/ PG/ Ph.D.): Rs. 250/-
The registration fee can be paid via bank transfer to the following account details: Account Name: Director-STEP; Account No.: 8517101005614; Bank Name: Canara Bank; Branch: NITK Campus, Surathkal, Mangalore; IFSC code: CNRB0008517.
- To register for the course, click here.
- This short term course will be on virtual mode, the coordinator(s) will send the details for joining the online sessions to the email ID of the registered participants.
- E-Certificate will be provided to the participant with no absenteeism.
- The last date to register is October 10, 2020.
Dr. B. Venkatesa Perumal, Professor-EEE, Professor-In-Charge NITK-STEP, National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Mangalore, Karnataka – 575025.
For full notification, click the link below.
Online Course on Design & Control of Power Electronic Converters by NIT Surathkal
You might also be interested in Online Training Program on Thermal Management by SVNIT, Surat [Nov 2-7]: Register by Oct 25.