About the Course
This course will look at the importance of patents in the world of biotechnology and what can be actually patented. At what stage protection of invention/research should be initiated and what can be the long term benefits, how IPR is helpful for entrepreneurship, all these question will be addressed in this course. The course will also shed light on working of patents and enable the participants to assess whether their research should be protected or not.
- Introduction to different types of IPR
- Biotech Invention: Nature and Scope
- Patentability of Biotech inventions
- Patent application filing procedure
- Claims and concept of Freedom to Operate in Biotech area
- Legal and ethical issues related to biotech patents
- Biotechnology and other forms of IPR
- Bio-entrepreneurship and IPR
- Faculty members from the AICTE-QIP approved Institutions
- Minimum Qualification: Master’s Degree in Biotechnology/Lifesciences/Microbiology
or any related area
- All candidates should apply online by clicking “APPLY for CE Events” under EVENTS
section in the IIT Kharagpur web-portal or directly here.
- Click on How to Apply at the top the page.
- Follow the instructions given there for signing up and editing your profile.
- Scroll down to the course “Short Term course on Biotechnology and Intellectual
- Click on the “Apply Now” Button and follow point no. 6 mentioned in the instruction
page available at the How to Apply link.
- Closing of online registration : 15th January, 2019
- Announcement of shortlisted candidates : 20th January, 2019
- Commencement of course : 4th February, 2019
- End of course : 10th February, 2019
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Phone: 03222284872 (office)
For Official Link, click here.