About the Course
Analytical chemistry takes a prominent position among all fields of experimental sciences, ranging from fundamental studies of Nature to industrial or clinical applications. Analytical chemistry covers the fundamentals of experimental and analytical methods and the role of chemistry around us.
This course introduces the principles of analytical chemistry and provides how these principles are applied in chemistry and related disciplines – especially in life sciences, environmental sciences and geochemistry.
This course, regardless of your background, will teach you fundamental analytical concepts and their practical applications.
By the end of the course, you will deeply understand analytical methodologies in a systematic manner. Finally, this course will help you develop critical, independent reasoning that you can apply to new problems in chemistry and its related fields.
What you’ll learn?
- A basic background in the chemical principles, particularly important to analytical chemistry
- The ability to judge the accuracy and precision of experimental data and to show how these judgments can be sharpened by the application of statistical methods
- A wide range of techniques that are useful in modern analytical chemistry
- The skills needed to solve analytical problems in a quantitative manner
- Laboratory skills to obtain high-quality analytical data
- Module 1: Basic Tools of Analytical Methods
Chemical Measurements and Analytical tools
Statistics and Quality Assurance
- Module 2: Chemical Equilibria for Quantitative Analysis
Effects of Electrolytes
Monoprotic Acid-Base Equilibria
Polyprotic Acid-Base Equilibria
- Module 3: Electrochemical Analysis and Spectrophotometry
Fundamentals of Electrochemistry
Fundamentals of Spectrophotometry
Applications of Spectrophotometry
- Module 4: Spectrochemical Analysis and Analytical Separations
Introduction to Analytical Separations
High-Performance Liquid Chromatography
Basic knowledge in organic, inorganic chemistry, and physics at high school level.
FREE, Add a Verified Certificate for ₹3,604.
To enroll in this course, click the link below.
Course on Basic Analytical Chemistry
Note: Noticebard is associated with Edx through an affiliate programme.