Sewa International is organizing a Conference on Disaster Management on 28th, 29th, and 30th March at Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti.
About the Organiser
Sewa International is an organization with a mission to nurture institutions of social impact, and serve humanity. We focus on sustainable, community-enabled development with a bottoms-up approach.
About the Conference
Protecting public health, securing people’s livelihoods, and reducing economic and infrastructure damages through innovative solutions has become need of the hour.
An experience of 20 years in the field of disaster mitigation and management while working with local communities allowed Sewa International insights of the existing disaster management and risk reduction framework.
The key opportunities for streamlined collaboration and synergetic response gained from these insights resulted in the ideation of a focused conference on achieving collaborative and multilateral interventions in the area of disaster management.
- Suggested Date: 28th, 29th, 30th March
- Mode: Hybrid(Online+Offline)
- Venue: New Delhi
- Sh. Santosh Gangwar, Member of Parliament, Chairman; Standing Committee on Public Undertakings and Commerce
- Lt. Gen. Syed Ata Hasnain (Retd): Chancellor, Kashmir University, Member, National Disaster Management Authority
- Dr. Anil K Gupta: Director of Projects, National Institute of Disaster Management
- Sh. Narendra Bundela: Inspector General, National Disaster Response Force
- Dr. Sachin Chaturvedi: Director General, Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS)
- Rajeev Issar: Policy Specialist, United Nations Development Programme
- Dr. Roopam Shukla: Centre of Excellence in Disaster Mitigation and Management, IIT Roorkee
- Sh. Hari Srivastava, Director General (Technology), DRDO
Who can participate?
The conference is best suitable for research scholars, students, professors, and professionals working and studying in the field of Disaster Management and Environmental Studies.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the conference through this link.