At Getty Images, we are committed to evolving the visual narratives that define the global climate crisis in the commercial and editorial space. The need grows more urgent every day for imagery that can effectively communicate the enormity of this issue to media, brands and consumers alike through relatable human stories, large and small, global and local.
Together with Climate Visuals, a project that uses social research and evidence to examine the efficacy and impact of climate change imagery, we’ve launched the Getty Images Climate Visuals
Grants which aims to support the creation of compelling, colourful and emotionally engaging imagery that explores this complex and layered crisis.
- Summary of the project proposal (Min 300 words, Max 500)
- A short biography detailing who you are and what you’ve done
- 20-25 original images related to the project or, if proposing a new project, that illustrate your ability to execute the proposal
- The proposals must be in English and be submitted electronically
Prizes and benefits
$10,000 (Rs. 713655) prize for two winning applicants to continue to produce their projects.
- Grants will be awarded by a panel comprising representatives of Climate Visuals, Getty Images and independent judges selected for their expertise and experience.
- Selection will be based on the judges’ determination of the applicant’s ability to execute the submitted project
with a compelling visual narrative based primarily on documentary still images.
- The jury will take into account the calibre of the portfolio, the project’s merit and the photographer’s professional ability.
- The judges will also be assessing how the submitted projects embody the 7 Climate Visuals Principles for climate change communication.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply online by clicking here.
February 28, 2020