Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition (CEC) 2022.
About the Competition
The Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition (CEC) is a part of the Entrepreneurship Campus and was initiated to empower entrepreneurs all around the world to create innovative answers to global and/or community challenges and to engage in a more peaceful and sustainable world.
Participants are invited to submit their innovative ideas and projects with a societal impact, which champion and implement one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The SDGs and 169 related targets address the most important social, economic, environmental, health and governmental challenges of our time.
Before, during and after the CEC you have the possibility to take two courses to help develop a sustainable business model from your idea. You will gain knowledge that can be helpful to change or upgrade existing projects as well.
The Brain versus Capital (BvC) course serves as a basis and can also be completed without prior registration. The additional Sustainable Entrepreneurship Course (SEC) is recommended to be done after the end of the BvC course. Both courses are free of charge.
- Anyone who is 13 years old and over with an innovative idea for an enterprise that contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and everyone from 13 years up who is operating such an enterprise in the form of a business, a non-profit organization or an informal program.
- Anyone who is able to submit their entry in English.
- Depending on your age, you either take part in the Youth (13 – 29 years old) or the Adult (from 30 years up) category.
Prizes and recognition
- Entries will be posted on the competition website and are subject to online commenting and public voting. Ten finalists in Youth (idea & project) and Adult (idea & project) categories will be determined according to votes and the Personal Activity Indicator algorithm.
- Finalists are requested to submit a video of their idea/project if they have not done so yet. The video can be a maximum of 3 minutes long, longer videos cannot be considered!
- From among the finalists, the judges will make the final selection of three winners (Grand Prize, 2nd Prize, and 3rd Prize) in each category.
- Entries will be evaluated based on their entrepreneurial vision, feasibility, innovation, leadership, social impact, and sustainability, among other factors. The People’s Choice is awarded to the participant with the most votes, across both categories. They are automatically among the finalists.
Grand Prize, Second Prize, Third Prize, and People’s Choice were made public at the virtual Announcement Ceremony on 10 December 2022.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the competition through this link.
Sep 15, 2022