Applications are open for the Child Rights Fellowship 2021-22 at Ashoka University.
About the University
Ashoka University is a liberal arts and sciences university, located in Sonipat, Haryana, India. The university is recognised by the University Grants Commission, the Government of India, and the Government of Haryana.
About the Fellowship
The Child Rights Fellowship (CRF) offers the unique opportunity to work with the Government of Delhi to safeguard children’s rights to survival, protection and education.
Over the last few years, the Government of Delhi has been at the front and centre of driving the mission of child welfare, development, and protection. The Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR) spearheads the responsibility of safeguarding the rights of children in the region. These rights are the product of a vast and interconnected system, which is situated at the intersection of health, education, and safety.
To catalyze the progress of strengthening Child Rights in Delhi, Ashoka University in collaboration with DCPCR, Govt of Delhi has launched a Fellowship which will place young professionals with the local authorities working with child rights. As young talent, the Fellows will bring in fresh thinking and inputs for research, planning and execution, community advocacy, outcome management, and evaluation.
What the Fellowship entails?
- The Child Rights Fellowship is a strategic collaboration between DCPCR and Ashoka University to engage young professionals in improving and supporting the agenda of Child Rights and Welfare in Delhi NCR while driving mass impact on ground.
- The Fellows will get an opportunity to work on-field in the assigned district for 1 year while receiving training, mentorship and support for professional development from government officers and the programme team at CRF.
- Each Fellow will receive a remuneration of Rs. 50,000/- per month, subject to taxes, including reimbursement of Rs. 5000/- which will be given for communication (monthly bills of postpaid connection of mobile and internet dongle) and office expenses (printing, stationary etc.). In addition, travel expenses for field visits undertaken in the district will be reimbursed, based on actuals.
How it will create an impact?
- There are 6 divisions of work under Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR) – Health and Nutrition, POCSO, Juvenile Justice, Protection Against Substance Abuse Amongst Children, Education and Children with Special Needs, and Child Labour and Trafficking.
- Fellows will work closely with DCPCR and government stakeholders as well as departments within the district administration to de-bottleneck implementation challenges and drive accountability and efficiency in the domain of child rights within the state.
What candidates can expect?
- CRF will provide a platform for 5 young professionals to work on policy implementation, data analysis, and reforms for child rights, strengthen existing initiatives and make a real-time impact by engaging with government stakeholders.
- At the beginning of their tenure, the Fellows will attend a 10-day long induction which will impart a nuanced understanding of policy, governance and legislative processes and equip them with hard skills and soft skills, to enable them to perform well during their time in the Fellowship.
- Refresher training on subjects related to policy, legislations and governance will also be organised throughout the year for ongoing professional development.
- The cohort of 5 Fellows will be instrumental in driving stories of change for child rights in Delhi, resulting in palpable and visible impact on ground.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
- All applications will be online and go live on 18.12.2020.
- Final Deadline: 04.01.2021.
- Group Discussions will be from 11.01.2021 to 31.01.2021.
- Personal Interviews will be conducted between 31.01.2021 to 06.02.2021.
- Final Results will be announced 08.02.2021.
- Your fellowship will start 08.03.2021.
For more details, click the link below.
Child Rights Fellowship 2021-22 at Ashoka University