Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the fully funded Charpak Master’s Scholarship 2022 in France.
About Charpak Master’s Scholarship
This scholarship is designed for one to two years, (September – June, 10 months per academic year) of studies in France at the Master’s degree level for all streams and fields of study.
The applicant must:
- be an Indian national and reside in India
- be 30 years old maximum at the time of application
- be a student currently enrolled/have studied at an Indian Institution of higher learning or a young professional employed in a company for a maximum of 3 years at the time of application
- the course must take place in France. If you have one semester or more of studies in another country, the scholarship will not be provided during that period.
- an exception will be made for Charpak scholarship holders who are currently completing their M1 in France. They may re-apply for a second year of funding in order to complete their M2. There is no automatic renewal of the scholarship at the M2 level. Acceptance will be subject to academic performance at the M1 level and a new statement of purpose.
- non-scholarship holders currently pursuing M1 in France are not eligible for the scholarship.
Your application will be selected on the basis of your academic excellence, as well as the consistency and quality of your statement of purpose.
There is no CGPA/percentage cut-off for the scholarship. Knowledge of French will be an asset but is not mandatory. A tie-up between your current Indian institution and your future French institution will also be an asset.
- Monthly living allowance of 700 euros
- Tuition fee waiver upto 5000 euros
- Assistance to find affordable student accommodation (priority access to CROUS residencies, subject to availability)
- Student visa and Etudes en France fee waiver
The students must submit their application on the online scholarship portal along with the scans of the following documents:
- Passport size photograph (please make sure that the photograph uploaded is formal)
- Scanned copy of the first page of your passport (with photo and expiry date). If you will be getting your passport after the deadline, please attach proof of your passport application.
- Full Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages).
- Scanned copy of your admission/acceptance letter from the French higher education institution. If you have not received it before the deadline, attach an email correspondence to show that you are in the process of getting the acceptance letter from them.
- Scanned copies of mark sheets and degree of Higher Secondary School (XII), Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees (including those of completed semesters of the ongoing degree)
- French language certificate, if any (DELF /DALF or from any recognized university)
- Document of employment / internship record, if applicable
- Letter (s) of recommendation from the current Indian university/employer or the institution last attended. The letter(s) of recommendation should be submitted as scanned copies of the original typed and signed paper letters. They have to include the signature and the contact details of the referee, and (if possible) should be on headed paper of the institution and bear a stamp of the institution.
Note: All the above documents must be in pdf or jpeg format (word, rtf, odt, txt, msg documents, zip folders, screenshots or scans of social media are NOT acceptable).
Applications submitted without required documents, or incorrect documents, will be rejected. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
- Opening of the call for applications: Monday, 3 January 2022
- Deadline for the reception of applications : Monday, 28 March 2022
- Publication of results: Friday, 29 April 2022
Click here to view the official notification for the Charpak Master’s Scholarship 2022.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: