Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Charpak Exchange Scholarship 2022 (Spring Season).
About Charpak Exchange Scholarship
The program is designed for Indian students from all fields and streams of study, enrolled in an Indian institution at the Bachelors or Master’s degree level, who wish to undertake an exchange semester programme (for a period of one to four months).
The applicant must be:
- an Indian national residing in India
- not more than 30 years old (maximum at the time of application)
- be currently enrolled in an Indian institution of higher learning that has a tie-up with the French institution where the applicant will pursue an exchange semester. Please note that it is mandatory.
- final semester project and laboratory research in a partner institute in France is not applicable.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The Charpak exchange program offers the following benefits to the awardees based on merit:
- monthly living allowance of 700 euros
- social security coverage
- student visa and Etudes en France fee waiver
- assistance in finding an affordable student accommodation (priority acces to CROUS; subject to availability)
How to Apply?
The students must submit their application on the online scholarship portal along with the following documents:
- Passport size photograph (please make sure that the photograph uploaded is formal)
- Scanned copy of the first page of your passport (with photo and expiry date). If you will be getting your passport after the deadline, please attach passport application proof.
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages).
- Scanned copy of your admission/acceptance letter from the French higher education institution / laboratory. If you have not received it before the deadline, attach an email correspondence to show that you are in the process of getting the acceptance letter from them. Please note Your acceptance letter must mention the exact dates of your exchange programme and that you have been selected for the exchange programme under the bilateral agreement scheme signed between [name of the Indian Institution] and [name of the French Institution].
- Scanned copies of mark sheets of Higher Secondary School (XII), Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees (including those of completed semesters or the ongoing degree). The students pursuing Master’s programmes, must upload their Bachelor’s Degree mark sheets as well as passing certificate.
- French language certificate, if any (DELF/DALF certificate or from any recognized university or Xth marks card if French was your second language)
- NOC from the Indian institution
- Document of employment / internship record, if any
- French language certificate from Alliance Française in India or any recognized university, if any. Please note: knowledge of French is an asset but not mandatory to apply for the scholarship
- Recommendation letter from the university (not mandatory)
- Statement of purpose (format available on the scholarship form)
Note: All the above documents must be in word, pdf or jpeg format (rtf, odt, txt, msg documents, zip folders, screenshots or scans of social media are NOT acceptable).
Applications submitted without required documents or incorrect documents will be rejected.
The application will be selected on the basis of academic excellence as well as the consistence and quality of the candidate’s statement of purpose. There is no CGPA/ Percentage cut off for the scholarship. Knowledge of French language will be an asset but it is not mandatory.
No reason will be given for rejection of an application. The French Embassy is not obliged to respond to candidates whose applications are incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
- Opening of the call for applications: Friday, 26 August 2022
- Deadline for the reception of applications : Monday, 31 October 2022
- Publication of results: Wednesday, 23 November 2021
If you have questions regarding the Charpak scholarship program, contact them by e-mail: email@example.com.