Management Center for Human Values, IIM Calcutta and Association for Information Systems – India Chapter, are co-hosting a workshop in February, 2019.
Many contemporary debates in information systems and technology are centered around ethical and social implications arising from the use of information technology devices, applications and platforms. The shifting discourse in the information systems literature demands greater attention to the re-framing of values given the changing nature of the social fabric.
The dualities and paradoxes that technology’s pervasiveness gives rise to, such as inclusion and exclusion; empowerment and dependence are yet unresolved and are likely to remain so. This workshop aims to encourage academic scholars and practitioners to share research, theoretical ideas and experiences through papers, perspectives and case studies on the theme.
Call for Papers
The workshop seeks papers from researchers and practitioners on the above theme. Topics of discussion at the workshop will include but are not limited to:
- Social Implications of Information Systems
- Digitally enabled Social Innovations
- Digital Social In/Ex-clusion
- Social Shaping of Technology
- Politics in(of) a Digital Society
- Social Affordances of Technology Platforms
- Work Fragmentation and Digital Bricolage
- Social Consequences of Telework
- Consumption of the Digital
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Ungendering Technology Education and Use
- Designing Technology that is more Human(e)
- Technology for the non-user: the elderly, the marginalized and the differently abled
- Information Technology for the Informal Sector
- Extended abstracts can be a maximum of 2 single spaced pages and Completed Research Papers can be a maximum of 15 single spaced pages.
- Submissions should be made through email to email@example.com with the subject line “MCHV-INAIS Workshop Submission”.
- All papers should be formatted using the Workshop Paper Template.
The registration fees are as follows:
- Academician / Industry Practitioner:
INAIS Member: Rs. 5000
Non-Member: Rs. 6000
- Doctoral Student:
INAIS Member: Rs. 2000
Non-Member: Rs. 3000
- Extended Abstracts and Completed Papers due: Nov 1
- Acceptance Notification: Dec 1
- Registration Deadline: Jan 1
For any queries, contact
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta