CAT 2022 exam is expected to be conducted by IIM Bangalore. For the uninitiated, the full form of CAT is the Common Aptitude Test, which IIMs conduct for MBA admission every year. CAT exam, of course, is one of the most popular MBA entrance exams in India.
CAT 2022 is a prerequisite for admission to various Post Graduate and Fellow/Doctorate programmes of IIMs. CAT 2022 scores are allowed to be used by listed non-IIM member institutions. A list of such institutions is provided on the CAT website. Prospective candidates should note that IIMs have no role in the selection process of non-IIM institutions.
CAT Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||CAT 2022|
|CAT Full Form||Common Admission Test|
|CAT Official Website||iimcat.ac.in|
|Exam Conducting Body||One of the IIMs on a rotational basis Yet to be announced for CAT 2022|
|Exam Type||National Level, MBA Entrance Exam|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||1-800-209-0830 (Toll-Free)|
CAT 2022 Exam dates
|CAT 2022 Official Notification||August 2, 2022|
|CAT 2022 Registration Date||August 3, 2022|
|Last date to apply for the application form||Sept 14, 2022|
|Last date to submit the fees for the Application Form||Second week of September 2022|
|CAT 2022 Form Correction Window shall open||Third week of September 2022|
|CAT 2022 Admit Card Release date||October 27 – November 27, 2022|
|CAT 2022 Exam date||November 27, 2022|
|CAT 2022 Result announcement date||Second week of January, 2023|
CAT 2022 Eligibility
Candidates applying for CAT 2022 should fulfill any one of the following conditions:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks*.
- Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA/Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of India (FIAI)) with required percentage*.
- Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with required percentage*.
Note: *SC/ST/PwD candidates should have a minimum 45%. For General, EWS and NC-OBC candidates, the minimum is 50%.
CAT 2022 Syllabus
|Quantitative Aptitude||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation|
|Introduction to Quantitative Aptitude||Introduction to Verbal Ability||Introduction to Logical Reasoning|
|Quantity Aptitude Tips||Introduction to Reading Comprehension||Introduction to Data Interpretation|
|Number Systems Shortcut||Verbal Ability Tips||Logical Reasoning Tips|
|Shortcut Techniques in Averages||Reading Comprehension Tips||Data Interpretation Tips|
Registration details for CAT 2022
Step 1: Registration for User ID and Password
On the website, www.iimcat.ac.in, click the ‘Register’ button under New Candidate Registration header to create your user profile. The Registration form window will open in your browser.
Step 2: Login to CAT Website
Using the system generated User ID and Password that you have received at the completion of Step 1 above, you can login as a “Registered Candidate” on the website and fill the Application Form for CAT 2022.
Step 3: Fill Application Form
Registration Fee: ₹1150 for SC, ST and PwD category candidates. ₹2300 for all other categories of candidates.
CAT 2022 Exam Pattern
|Section as per CAT Exam Pattern||Total Questions*||Allotted Time||Allotted Time for PwD Students|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)||24||40 Minutes||53 minutes and 20 seconds|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||20||40 Minutes||53 minutes and 20 seconds|
|Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||20||40 Minutes||53 minutes and 20 seconds|
|Total||66||120 Minutes||160 minutes|
Preparation tips for CAT Exam 2022?
- Join online study groups on Facebook, YouTube, Quora, Telegram, etc.
- Download MBA entrance exam preparation apps
- Obtain online study material like CAT mock test series by MBA coaching institutes.
- Make a month-wise CAT preparation plan
Some Good Books One Can Use for CAT Preparation
- Oswaal CAT 24 Years Chapter-wise and Topic-wise Solved Papers (For 2022 Exam)
- Face To Face CAT 29 Years (1993-2021) Sectionwise & Topicwise solved paper 2022
- Wiley’s ExamXpert Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT
- CAT 2022: 32 Years’ Topic-Wise & Year-Wise Solved Papers 1990-2021 by GKP
- How to Prepare for QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE for CAT
- CAT Preparation combo by Arun Sharma: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
CAT 2022 Result
CAT 2022 Result is expected to be announced in the month of December this year.
For more information, please visit CAT 2022 official website.