Nominations are invited from eligible candidates for the Indian National Science Academy (INSA) Teachers Award 2022.
Scope of the Awards
To recognize and value excellence, consistency, and a high level of teaching in Indian Colleges, Universities, and Institutions the Academy has instituted the INSA Teachers Award.
The award is made annually to recognize and honour teachers for providing guidance, inspiration and mentoring students to take up careers in Science and Technology.
All disciplines of Science and Technology including Medical & Engineering Sciences come under the purview of this award.
No. of Awards
The number of awards to be made in any year shall be up to 15.
- The award shall be made to outstanding teachers currently working or worked in India, with at least 15 years of teaching experience at undergraduate or postgraduate level in any Indian College/University/Institution.
- Maximum age limit is 55 years as on December 31 of the year preceding the year of the award. c) The nominee can be nominated for a maximum of three times. d) The award will not be offered to Fellows of any of the national academies. It will also not be offered to anyone who is Vice-Chancellor of a University, Director of an Institution/laboratory and/or holding a position where his/her teaching is restricted.
Consistent excellence in teaching as evident from performance of students, inspiring students to take up careers in Science and Technology, introducing novel teaching methods, experiments and materials, and pedagogy. Active involvement in science popularization and outreach activities will be an additional consideration.
Announcement of the Awards
The names of the awardees selected for the award shall be announced in the Annual General Meeting of the Academy.
Presentation of the Award
- The presentation of the Awards shall be made by the President, INSA, at the time of Anniversary General Meeting.
- For receiving the award, the awardees (along with spouse or one accompanying person) will be paid travel expenses (cost of economy class air-fare by Air India, purchased through its portal/ Balmer & Lawrie / IRCTC / Ashoka Tours & Travels only) and local conveyance as applicable. INSA will help in providing local hospitality.
- Reimbursement will be made on production of tickets.
Value of Awards
Each awardee will be presented a scroll, a cash award of Rs. 50,000/- and a onetime book grant up to Rs. 20,000/- (broadly relevant books for educational purposes).
- A teacher may be nominated by Fellows of INSA, NASI, IASC, Principal of a College, Vice-Chancellor of a University Director of an
- Institution, a colleague or by a former student who is associated with an academic / R&D institution. The nominator may forward only one nomination in a year A nomination shall remain valid for consideration for two consecutive years.
- The nomination is to be forwarded duly completed in all respects by the Nominator to the Executive Director, Indian National Science Academy Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi 110 002, so as to reach not later than 30th April.
April 30, 2022