Sambhaavnaa Institute Of Public Policy and Politics organizes multiple programs and workshops throughout the year involving youth, leaders and representatives of the civil society and social movements.
- Understand basic concepts including power, gender, patriarchy & sexuality.
- Examine these concepts in the context of our Constitutional rights.
- Discuss the situation of tribal communities in India in current times.
- Reflect creatively on ways to counter repression and our own role in the process of peaceful social transformation.
- Learn and sing powerful songs of change and resistance.
- What is power? Is it always negative or can it be used positively?
- Examine links between gender and patriarchy. Is sexuality personal, or is it connected with the world around us?
- What is consent?
- Rights under the Indian Constitution.
- Create and use creative tools (like songs in different languages) for social transformation.
- Contribution of the workshop would include boarding and lodging. This would be a total of Rs. 2000 for 5 days. However, organiser deeply believes that money should never be a barrier to learning and self-discovery and we offer a few waivers and scholarships to interested candidates with limited means. The organiser would also encourage people who can afford this, to send contributions to cover costs for other candidates.
- Venue: Sambhaavnaa Institute, VPO – Kandbari, Tehsil – Palampur, District – Kangra, PIN 176061, Himachal Pradesh
For more information please Whatsapp or call Shashank: 8894227954